Chapter 2

After being shown through the complex hallways, Val decided to lie down on the airbed. Had her father, or someone else, put this here?

She sighed, leaning on her side and spying a fridge. Hunger suddenly decided to play the song of its people.

(I see memes like that, an I using it right? Lol)

Usually, she'd try to wait to ask, but Dad was taking a long time, and hunger usually made her impulsive. She walked to the small fridge, opening it. The smell of blood hitting her nose.

It made her mouth water.

She looked for a small piece and grabbed it, opening the lid and took a bite, savoring the taste.

She took small bites and made it last, then wandered back to the bed.

A sudden memory.

"Here." Dad said, handing her a bloody piece of meat. It didn't seem to disgust her, only made her drool.

She took a bite, eyes lighting up and taking more and more, the smile on her father's face.

She finished it, licking her bloody lips, then looked at her mother. Surprised of her shocked and disgusted face.

What?

She blinked, shaking her head. Is this how she remembers her mom? Some of the real parts, parts she chose to forget

"Eww. You eat those too?" A childish voice squeaked, making her whip her head to the source.

A small girl, with long white hair and mismatched eyes. Wearing a white dress, she seemed to be an angel. Weird.

"Who are you?" Val asked, licking her bloody fingers.

"Peri." She said, smiling. "What's yours?"

"Val." She replied, blinking. "I like your hair."

Peri blinked. "Thanks." She whispered, then fingered a strand. "You don't think it's weird? That I'm a freak?"

Val gaped. "N no! You look like an angel to me." She quickly said, then blushed.

Peri looked at her as if she gave her a hug. "Th thanks. Can we be friends?" Before she could answer, she ran over and hugged her, tightly.

Val froze, not quite used to physical contact, and slowly hugged back. Awkwardly though.

"You in here, Val?" Father came in, then stopped. "Peri? What're you doing in here?" Val felt herself tense, hoping he wouldn't be mad.

"Snooping." Peri answered quickly, letting go. "Me and Val are friends now." She smiled at her, Val returned it nervously, glancing at her father.

"Hm." He said, walking in and going to the bed. "Did you use that damn key?"

"...No." Peri grinned and left as her name could be heard, cheerfully.

Val bit her lip before going to the airbed. She got comfortable and closed her eyes, brushing her red hair out of the way.

"Try not to get so comfortable, Valentine. We won't be staying so long."

After a moment of silence, the light of the sinking sun meeting her head, she nodded, whispering. "Yes dad."

______________

Hello. (Insert Interesting author thing to say here) Dont forget to vote and comment. (^u^)'