Chapter 19

"And so, I'd like to know where Tristan stays." The woman said, crossing her arms.

Slender sighed. "I've told you before, I don't know where he resides. He barely comes over and doesn't let anyone get too close."

The woman nodded. "I know. But I was told he recently visited. So where is he?" She growled, losing patience.

"He brought EJ to his new house."

They both looked to see Peri.

"And where does 'EJ' live?" The woman asked, displeased when the girl shrugged.

"He'll be due to come back to report." Slender said. "Will you leave my office now, Susan?"

She smiled, satisfied. "Yep. But I'll be sticking around a bit, that okay?" Without waiting for an answer, she hopped off the seat and strolled out.

Peri had a confused expression. "Who is she, anyway."

Slender sighed. "She is, Peri, a rude, spoiled brat who won't listen to anyone, not even I, until she gets what she wants."

          With Val now.

Sipping her cocoa -there was a variety of new foods, provided by Tristan- she sat back down and continued off the book.

Dear -----,

Don't even know why I even ------- all this down. ------ if anyone ever ------- freak! Or think ---------- joke.

More lines were filled with scribbles and crossed out.

--- ----------- Hell, ----- if I'd -------- die ------- monster ---------- death of me.

I hate him! I ----- ------ ------------- --- crying ------ weak ------ ----- -- appear emot----- ------- ---- --- ------ let me go ------ play dead --- -- -- - mi--- never esca---

Val felt sympathetic for her mother. A tear pricking at her eye at the thought of going what she had gone through. Just what happened?

She shut the book and hid it, hearing the door opening and shutting. Footsteps heading towards her closed door.

"Val?" Her father poked his head in and, in a hallucinatory state -due to a headache on his hunt- he saw her as Caitlyn, the old obsession sparking up. He resisted going in and holding her when he blinked (Idk, can he blink? Confusion) and saw Val again.

"Yes dad?" She asked, putting down her replacement book, which was rather interesting, and looking at him.

"Making sure you're good." He grunted, which translated to making sure you're still here. Paranoia.

He closed the door and when she heard his footsteps fading, she got the diary out again and found her place. Her eyes seeing a few full sentences and not interrupted.

Dear Diary,

I don't know the time or date, but it's a definite winter. Because, well, there's snow, duh, and it's extremely cold.

I miss my friends
My mom
My annoying brother
Even my kinda crappy cousin

I want to go home.

Away from him...

Val finished and saw barely anything else past that, her disappointment, she was positive, showing. She closed it and tucked it in a little hole she found and hid with the big dresser.

Tristan had, surprisingly, filled the house with furniture. New ones, she'd bet. Just, why?

She didn't exactly dislike him, or like him either, but that man made her quite uneasy. Nervous.

She didn't know why.

____________________

Feeling any sympathy for Val's mom? Do you suspect Tristan too? Or is he actually a really nice guy?

Tristan: Of course I'm a nice guy, just ask Toby.

Masky: No, you're a terrible human being who should be skinned alive and burn the remains, and staying far, far away from Toby.

Tristan: Are you jealous that I really like like Toby? Hmm??

Ok ok, go away you two. What do you think?

Vote and Comment!