Chapter 23

Tristan coughed into his hand, unsurprised that blood was smeared. If there was a mirror, he'd probably sneer at himself for messing this up.

He ran a hand through his hair, letting out a shaky laugh filled with disbelief.

A girl, young girl that was such a pathetic pushover, had  succeeded in just about killing him.

Well, he was hit in a vital spog, he was gonna die of blood loss, and soon.

A creak of the door caught his attention.

Meanwhile...

"Godammit, Val, what the hell's going on?" Jeff demanded, yanking his arm away in front of the mansion.

"It's- I- Tristan- something about should'ves and- ahhh!" Val quietly screamed, tugging on her hair and frustrating confusion filled her, giving her a headache.

"Hey wait, calm down." Jeff said, his irritated expression faltering. "Didn't mean to make you break down or whatever, deep breaths, Val."

After a minute, she felt better. She took a deep breath and got up. "It's Tristan, he meant something about, how I'm supposed to-"

"Val! You're back!"

She let out a 'oof' as she was tackled in the legs, by two girls.

"Did you miss us?" "Let's play a game!" "Are you staying?" "For how long?"

Val smiled, patting their heads. "I, I don't know. I need to e explain something, wait for m my dad, and then-"

"Your dad's already here though." Peri said, tilting her head to the side.

"He, he is?" Val asked, looking at the mansion.

Another Meanwhile...

"Oh, it's you, sis." Tristan said, relaxing a bit.

Was he, was he afraid if it was Jack?

"Wow, you look like sh!t." Susan said, sitting in front of him.

"Thanks. That would be the best last words to me before I die." Tristan grinned, reaching a hand to her hair, taking a strand.

"Dammit, I wanted to talk." Susan hissed, resting her head against his hand. "But, there'll be lots of times to do that once we see each other in hell, right?"

"What, gonna die with me?" Tristan joked, then coughed up more blood.

"Nope, just assuming the future."

"Great. dammit, this wasn't the way I wanted to go."

"Well, did you at least miss me a little, big brother?" Susan asked, resting her forehead against his, her dark eyes softening.

"I craved your presence, time to time." Tristan said. "But other than that, no. I'm not a committed lover."

"I know."

"And you're the one who left me when I killed our parents."

"I know."

"Ran off with that British bastard."

"Yep."

Tristan sighed, his body feeling weak and fatigued. "Maybe, you should just kill me. That's one of the ways I wanted to go." He said, looking up to see a gun brandished already. He smiled.

"See you in hell, Tristan." Susan said.

"Ditto."

Bang!

Back with Val.

"What are you doing back here, Valentine?" Her father yelled, mask off and looking furious. "Why wasn't Tristan watching over you, and why is he with you?"

Val flinched, keeping her eyes to the floor. "J Jeff c came over a b bit later wh when you l left."

"What?!"

"But it's n not what you think! T Tristan w wants to kill me and b blame it on Jeff!" Val said, daring to look up.

"Wait, what?" Jeff asked, narrowing his eyes at her.

"Tristan claimed t to leading Jeff to m mom to k kill her, th then me. Knowing y you'd kill h him." Val said, noticing others interested in this conversation. "B because Jeff is an an annoyance or something. That's all."

Her father was quiet, expressionless. "Tristan, my friend, is the reason Caitlyn is dead? My Caitlyn?" He asked. "You- you look just like your mother, Valentine."

Val blinked, confused.

"Come on, let's go home." He said, walking to the door. She didn't follow. "Val?"

"I- I want to stay, dad." She said, taking a shaky breath.

"You- you're gonna leave me too?" He asked, looking at her. "Did Tristan- did that bastard tell you about your mother? Is that why?"

"What? No, he just-"

"I get it. He wants you to turn against me." He laughed. "Of course, that tricky bastard. Wants to get back at me for not helping him to poison Masky, huh? Tell you, my daughter, all about the bad monster who stole away the princess."

What?

"I couldn't help it, Val. I loved her, wanted her, needed her." He looked crazed. "But, I don't have her anymore, I only have you. Please don't leave me."

"I, I won't leave you, dad. I just want to stay, be happy." Val said, taking a few steps to him. "Tristan didn't tell me about those. We, we should talk about it."

________________________

Ooh, nearing the end of the book! I'm disappointed about the parts I forgot to add in, like another mini chapter about EJ and Caitlyn. But eh

And who's disgusted by Tristan and Susan, if you read closely? Hmm?

Comment please. Please.

And we get a talk between father and daughter. Short talk tho, maybe.

Vote and Comment!