Chapter 12

Val had chosen comedy, when the three had questioned her choices. LJ had been very happy.

And it was almost dark already. And she wanted time to read the diary.

"I'm getting tired." Val said, getting up, trying to ease Sally's sleeping head off her lap and move Jeff's head off her shoulder.

"Already? So early." Ben commented, frowning. He adding didn't get to sit next to his 'Goddess.' She wished he wouldn't call her that.

"Your bed time is almost like three hours before the sun is up." Masky said, moving to pick uo Sally. "I'll bring her to bed, go ahead."

Val smiled gratefully and moved, hearing Jeff growl under his breath.

She opened the door and tensed. Her father.

"Let's talk, Val." He said, scowling. His mask off.

"Y yes, Dad." She said, going to sit on the airbed.

Silence was awkward, the staring and light breathing, as well as the occasional wind.

"What did I say about leaving this room?" He asked, breaking the silence.

"T to not do that." She answered, not looking at him.

"Yes, I did. But does that mean you are allowed to leave the mansion?" He growled, making her tense more.

"N no, J Jane and Peri made it sound-" Val started to say, but was silenced with the 'glare' of her father's missing eyes. (I think? Idk)

"Do you listen to your friends or to me?" He said, getting up. "I'm disappointed, Val. I have a friend to help, so we should be moving soon, about a week or so if he finds one."

Disappointment. That made her chest tighten and tears threatened to fall.

.flashback.

Val hurriedly grabbed each glass piece, tossing them in the empty flower pot. She winced as one pierced her flesh and a big drop of blood fell off the fresh cut. She sucked on it, liking the taste of her metallic blood, and got up, hoping no one would miss the figurine.

A few hours later, and she was called to her mother's room. Where the incident occurred.

"Where's my ballerina, Val?" She asked, staring in a way, that Val did not understand but now knew, that her mother had known.

"I d don't know." She said, hiding her hand with the cut finger behind her back.

"Let me see your finger."

She held out her clean hand.

"The other hand, dear."

Hesitantly, she did so, but tried to hide it. It didn't work.

Her mother tsked, and pulled a bandaid out. Then took the pot with the glass shards and frowned.

"I'm disappointed, Valentine. Do not like, I did not raise you that way." She said, Val's bottom lip had trembled, tears falling out. "I wonder, if Vince was here, would you...?"

The rest had been drowned out by soft crying.

.over.

Vince! That was one for the times she heard her mother mention him! Her eyes widened, hands aching to grab the book, then remembered her father and remained meek.

"Go to bed." Her father said, opening the door and turning the light off. "Don't hang out with the others so much." He closed it, Val waiting for the outside footsteps to silence and scrambled to grab a flashlight she found, taking the book and going under the sheets, turning to more pages.

Dear Diary,

______________

A clue! What shall she find out? What of her mother's past will affect this plot? (Or story thing? Idk, sorry.)

Random question, does anyone ship Jaspis? Feel free to hate me or whatever, but I'm a weird type to ship anything, and everything. I particularly like ships that are hated, for some reason. If you ship it, well cool-ish.

Sorry, I'm stuck in between Jasper would become better, and the other that stays abusive and ends badly.

I'm not into super lovely dovey. No, just no. Mushiness should die. Like, ugh, I hate ship fanfics that have one saying "I love you" on the first chapter! Like, geez!

Unless the rest of chapters go back early and explain why. Only way I'll get interested, in past flashback.

I also prefer Billdip to be more one-sided and maybe abusive, cuz like, Dipper hates Bill, and the only way I'll accept it, is if Dipper ends up having Stockholm syndrome. I'm sorry if you don't like it, or find this A/n useless, but I don't mind that people would prefer the happy happy stories. I just don't read those.

My friend agrees.

Vote and comment!