Extra 2: Mother's Day

Welp, I decided to make something for Mother's Day, even though I said that the Caitlyn Extra would be the end. Hope you don't mind (^_^)

__________________

Val held in a shaky breath when she entered her old home. Leaves and dirt littered the floor, there was no furniture though, because her father took them to his own new home.

She wandered in, to her room first. When she was small, there were only two rooms; Her father's and her mother's. She had flitted between staying the night, sometimes even the whole day instead of the living room, with her mother or her father. There was no cuddling with both, and she never questioned it.

Then, around age 6, her father decided to build her room.  A bit smaller than her mother's, but she liked it enough.

She saw the broken boards that was where her bed used to be. She knelt down and felt around, mild panicking thoughts that she might find a rat or some other rodent, but that went away when she felt the sharp tips of the broken ballerina pieces.

She pulled one out, the face, and sighed a bit, studying it and remembered the day. Careful, she set it back down and went out of her room, heading to her mother's next.

Her mother's room was the only one that still contained all of her stuff. Her father was against taking any of it and she assumed that it was because most would remind him of her. Everything was the same.

She felt a sharp pang, her chest tightening. She gulped, trying to get the lump in her throat away as she quickly took the diary, which she had brought back, off the drawer and left.

Once she was out of the stuffy warm house, she exhaled heavily. She didn't know how much being back in after three years would affect her. Memories had nearly faded away and the recurring ones were overwhelming.

Especially since she stopped seeing her mother in any dreams ever since. Not even nightmares.

She lightly slapped herself and looked to the west, where her father gave her instructions where he buried her mother. He did not come along.

She was alone.

Val walked quickly, not wanting to see the areas she had played around when she was younger. Her grip on the diary tightening and nails digging into her other, balled up hand.

She found the cross, with messy writing of her mother's name, with chips and small bits of nature around and on it. She collapsed onto her knees in front of it, her arms shaking.

"Well, hello there, Valentine."

Her head snapped to her side, shocked to see one of the Slender brothers. And she slightly recoiled from the sight and how uncomfortably close he was.

"H hi, Offender." Val said, bringing her gaze back to the grave. "And how do you know I'd be here?"

"I assumed the Susan girl would be with you. Not in front of a grave though." He answered, his grin dropping a bit.

"Uh, Susan had died last month." Val said, wondering how he did not know that. It had been big news.

Slender had mentioned it when they were looking at books together, she gave him an inquiring glance, and he said that the woman had a run in with one of the wronged groups she used to run with, and ended in a bloody mess. No one lived.

"Oh, shame. I did like her a bit." Offender tsked. He lowered himself to look closer at the cross. "Caitlyn Queens. Nice name. Your mother?"

Val nodded, looking at the diary once more before setting it upon the slight raised dirt where it had been dug.

"Need a few flowers?" Offender asked, somehow pulling a rose out and holding it in front of her.

She started at it, wondering whether or not to take it. Her mother liked roses, but she remembered the few stories that Peri told of whoever came up.

"It's safe, if you're paranoid." Offender chuckled, joining her on the forest floor and setting it down.

"Thanks." Val said, relaxing and continued to stare at the grave. If she tried, she could picture her mother standing in front of her, smiling warmly.

After many moments of silence, she got up and decided to go back. Offender followed and after a few minutes, struck up a conversation about how Splendy had once used his condoms to make balloon animals.

It was nice, just walking and talking a bit. And a weight was lifted from her chest, because she did need to visit her mother once in a while.

And maybe this event would have Offender be less flirty and pushy.

"Some time, we should break into Trendy's wine supply and try get Splendy drunk."

________________________

I should say that this is three years after. But it's already mentioned, so yeah.

Does it seem good? I hope so.

My Apa calls me Mom, so I got a few happy Mothers Day, as well as from other elders who also call me Mom :)

Ok, hope you had a Happy Mother's Day.

Vote and Comment!