Chapter 18

Val eagerly began to read over whatever details of her mother's life can offer.

Jo wants me to go to a party. Probably smug about getting me to relent. SHE KNOWS I'M NOT A PARTY PERSON!

Ok ok, I don't mean to be dramatic, but I don't need a one night stand. That's Carter's -Val noticed ugly scribbles, as of in anger- style.

That pig.

It ended, with more ugly scribbles and even a tear in the page. She flipped to a more farther page.

That party suuuuuuuuccccckkkkkeeeeddddd. Carter's busy -again, more angry scribbles- shoving his tongue down some b!tch- probably paid by Carter, desperate moron- throat.

Jo  asked a guy of he'd bring me home. I barely drank! ... ok ok, I was a little intoxicated.

The guy was weird though, he wore sunglasses at night, gloves even if it was warm, and refused any contact with me. Did he sense I was a moody girl annoyed about a recent ex? Maybe.

See ya, Diary.

Val felt like cringing at the vulgar words. Was her mother really like this? She never swore!

She sighed, going past the page. But there were a lot of crossed out words and scribbles.

--- Feel weird, like I'm constantly being watched ----- should watch out for Jo ---

Hey Diary ---- not much these days ---- called the police and now I'm feeling sli----- safer. Hehe. ---- Oh god, I just burst out laughing and one of the officers, who was cute, rushed in and asked what's wrong.

I feel too safe. Hehe

-------- asked Vince to come over. Don't like being too alone. Because Jo's --------- to comfort me in times, but... but.

Words were kind of faded out and she felt the dried paper. An indication that her mother cried.

It's been over an hour ----- can he be? I'm gonna go make popcorn.

Okay, I'm back, with yummy buttery and salty popcorn! ------- him again, didn't pick up. Maybe roadblock? ----- feeling jumpy, with those random noises. Am I going crazy?

Most of the paper appeared to be stabbed and ripped, but some of the sentences she could understand.

This is basically a dream. I bet it is! Had dreams like this... Hehe ----- Vince can't be dead. Jo can't be dead. My aunt and her son aren't dead. Everyone will be alive and great the next day and -------- all laugh about this crazy, messed up dream.

Val frowned, did everyone in her mother's life die? She skipped over a few pages.

------ big nightmare. This guy, no, this monster can't honestly think I'll just stay quiet and calm. He can't ------

--- Maybe... there's a sharp knife around, or dull, I don't care! ----- escape ---- impossible

Ok ok, I calmed a bit. There could be others looking for me. Yeah, I can hope. -----

Bye for now.

Val furrowed her brows, filled with confusion. Could her own mother's life have been this bad? Where does she and her father begin?

And how was the monster?

__________________

Originally, I planned for some flashbacks, which, of course Val won't see but imagine, kinda. Buuuuuut, nah. Much too lazy. And the diary is old.

Would those multiple entries count as info dumps? If so, sorry... 😓

Vote and Comment!