Chapter 20

EJ opened the door and stepped in, carrying a small jar with black duct tape wrapped around.

It would be rare that he'd get a mission from Slender, but then again, his Proxies were on a different one.

He went the way to Slender's office, but nearly dropped his was-hard-to-get had when a girl, just up to his 'eyes', jumped in front of him.

He grit his teeth, restraining the snarl of frustration. "What do you wa-"

"Are you EJ?" She demanded, interrupting him. Her black eyes determined.

"Yes, get out of my wa-" Again, interrupted.

"Where's Tristan?" She demanded again, uncaring of the fact he was getting really irritated.

"Don't care, now out of my way." He growled, shoving past her.

She let out a sound of indignation and followed him, tapping him on the shoulder insistently.

Great, he felt like Masky, being bothered by a nuisance.

He knocked a bit too hard on Slender's door and entered quickly. He set the jar on his desk and turned to leave.

"Wait you deaf idiot, answer my question!" The girl yelled, grabbing his shoulder.

"What. Do. You. Want?" He snarled, getting angry.

"Where's Tristan?" She said, looking annoyed.

"Probably at some gay bar." He said, probably true.

"Ugh, lead me to his house." She said, crossing her arms.

"Can I kill her?" EJ asked, looking at Slender.

"Afraid not, EJ. She's quite... useful." Slender answered.

EJ knew there was getting no other answer, not that he cared, and he walked out hurriedly.

With the dark haired nuisance following close by.

           Val's pov

Biting her lip, Val shut her eyes to wonder whether or not her questions would earn her answers or irritation. From her father, of course.

She opened her eyes at the sound of the door opening, her feet getting up on their own and heading towards her father. But froze when her hand gripped the doorknob.

Taking a deep breath, she opened it and met the blue mask of her father's.

"Val." He said, likely in slight confusion.

"Dad, can I ask you something?" She asked, suppressing the shakiness in her voice.

He stayed silent for about a minute before nodding.

"What was Mom like, when you met her?" She asked, eyes searching for any indication he might be mad, but he only stiffened.

"Why the interest?" He inquired.

"I'm c curious." She said.

"Your mother was... rather an independent one, confident." He said, shoulders relaxing. "She was beautiful."

She nodded, interest increasing. But she was disappointed to hear the next,

"I'll tell you more another time." He said, taking a step back to go to his room, or the kitchen.

She nodded, going back in her room. She sighed, sitting and lying on her back and staring at the ceiling.

I was hoping he'd tell me about the monster that was in her life. She thought, closing her eyes and falling into a nap.

___________

Vote and Comment!