36. Xander Wilde

SMALL SEASON 4 SPOILERS. Not really major, since if you watch the white band trailers you'll see what I'm talking about. If you haven't seen season 4, well, that's not good. Nah, I'm jk. Just watch season 4 or whatever. I'm not jumping over to it, not yet, I'm just including characters from it. Mainly my boy Jeremiah (I acc love him and we've only had a few episodes with him)

There's gonna be so many POV changes in this chapter, just a heads up.

----

Sam's P.O.V

"So, he just broke down your door?" Selina raises an eyebrow, looking over at the five different locks I've had fitted. Gotta be careful in Gotham. Plus, the guy was making a 'buy three locks get another two for free' deal. I'm a sucker for those.

"Yeah. Did you see the video of when he turned off the power by blowing up that building?"

"I did. I thought it was a stupid prank at first. But then he mentioned you, and I realised that something really really bad was going to happen. I tried to come to check on you, but some of the crazies were outside were I was staying so..." she admits, her eyes full of guilt.

"Don't think I'm mad. If you came to me... there's no telling what he would've done to you." I sigh.

"How'd you get out?"

"I- uh- was locked in a room. The acting Commissioner, Harvey Bullock, found me."

"... Did Bruce get hurt?" She cautiously questions me.

I know that she still cares for him, even though he lied to her when her mother came into town. But that's practically ancient history now.

"Not badly, no."

She nods, obviously not wanting me to comment on it.

"I need to get going," she stands up from the couch, jabbing her thumb at the door.

"Yeah, I need to do something too."

"Not having a psychopath on your back give you a lot of free time?" she smirks.

"Too much time. I'll see you later."

"See yah," Selina doesn't bother using my door, instead she goes over to the window, leaving that way.

The last time someone left that way was that woman.

I pick the business card up from my pocket, eyeing it.

I better get a move on then, if I want to find out who X.W is.

----

X.W's P.O.V

While I'm looking at my blueprints, the red light on one of my monitors starts blinking.

I quickly walk up to it, ignoring the panic in my chest.

He's in Arkham. He can't get you.

Arkham didn't hold him before, won't hold him now, you know that.

I turn the monitor on, looking at the car slowly pulling up at the end of a road.