88. Sisters

ollo? (No sir, it's hello.) oh, hello?

If you get that you're awesome.
If you don't you're less awesome.

Me give you chapter now. Enjoy chapter from me.

I did not checko for spello mistako. I will check another timeeee.

- - - -

Sam's P.O.V

"Now, if you don't mind telling me, how in God's name did you get here in one piece?"

I squirm uncomfortably in the chair, looking to the floor to avoid their piercing gaze.

"Jeremiah's assistant, Ecco... she just... I don't know..."

"You don't know?" They question, raising an unconvinced eyebrow.

"C'mon, Babs, give her some slack," Tabitha cuts in, gently flowing the woman in her side. Barbara opens her mouth to snap back, but Tabitha cuts her off once again, simply stating, "You did shoot her in her stomach that one time, didn't you?"

Barbara's mouth closes and an instant look of remorse covers her features. "I'm sorry, Samantha, I just have no idea how you made it over here without losing a few limbs."

I sigh, "I think Ecco drugged his drink... I remember her leading me out of my room to see him sleeping like a baby. He rarely sleeps at all. So then Ecco just kinda... kicked me out I guess. Gave me this," I say, pulling out the small gun.

"Why didn't you just shoot her and then him?" Tabitha questioned.

"She had me blindfolded the whole time she was leading me out, and then left the gun on the floor and left, leaving me to stand there for a bit before realising I was alone."

"And so you came here?"

"I... I trust you. I know I don't have much reason to, but... Someone told me a while ago, that they still saw the little girl they met outside the GCPD inside of me. And I still see the young woman who was like a sister to me in her. Plus, you guys are the most trained and equipped duo in the city," I explain.

"And don't forget most sexy," Tabitha mutters, and I don't miss the way her lips turn up into a smirk at my compliments. (A/N I'm straight but I would let Tabitha stomp me with her heels ngl.)

"I can leave, if you want," I suggest, praying they won't agree with me. "If I'm here, Jeremiah will most likely follow."

"No!" Barbara practically shouts, before coughing and regaining her posture as Tabitha chuckles. "No, it'd be safer for you to stay here. Jeremiah won't suspect you to come here of all places, the slimy weasel will probably have spies in Haven first, so we'll have time before we have to hide you again."

"And... would it be okay if I was taught to defend myself?"

Barbara turns her head to look at Tabitha, who just shrugs, saying, "If you're up for it."

I smile, "I'm ready."

- - - -

I wasn't ready.

I groan in frustration and I hit the floor once again, hearing Tabitha puff out some air and probably get back into a fighting stance. I sit up and turn to face her.