94. Torturous Feelings

Jerome's P.O.V

He spits out a dribble of blood, allowing it to hit the once clean floor I'm standing on.

A wide grin tugs at the corners of my mouth at his pain... pain, caused by me.

I wipe at the blood that stains my knuckles, but on the whole don't really care for it.

I heard exactly what he did to her. I was the one to find her friend's body when I caught word that Tetch had taken her.

Even the thought of her emotional pain is sending me into a frenzy, and I feel the aching need to tear Hatter's head from his body... but I don't.

I need him to feel more hurt than she ever did... but, this time it'll be a physical kind of pain. Will he really be needing his legs or arms, anyway? He's not going anywhere.

My grin falters when he gives me one of his own, blood still running over his teeth.

"Is my d-dear also here? Oh, how I should rekindle the flames of our last meeting, and make her see how I will inflict a swift beating to you. She'll go mad all over again!"

My hands are quickly around his throat, and they slam him against the wall, while my teeth grit into a furious but smug sneer.

"Don't bet on it, wacko," I start, and a giggle escapes my lips. "You won't have eyes to see her, a tongue to speak to her, or hands to touch her. To be honest, my little friend, you won't be breathing. Oh, well, I doubt it'll change much... she wants you dead as much as I do."

His expression turns from one of excitement to quick annoyance and sadness.

"That's not true," he replies almost silently, for the first time since I've had him not speaking in those stupid rhymes. "She loves me. She's my Alice."

This time, I let out chilling chortle of glee, pretending to swipe tears from my eyes. "She loves you? You really think that, don't you?!" I laugh again, "Of course! I should've murdered her friend in front of her as well, that would've made her fall in love with me! Oh, wait, she already did fall in love with me, sorry, I forgot."

"No, no, she didn't. She loved me. She was my best friend. I did what I had to, so it'd only be us. She wasn't going to kill me, I knew that, she was going to realise she loved me. She was meant to realise she loved me!" The madman swiftly blurts, his breaths turning laboured and panicked.

"Poor little Jervis. Murdered your sissy and made your only other friend hate you? Aw, what a sob story."

"Shut up! Shut up! Shut u-"

I backhand him, and his head hits the wall with a satisfying thud.

"No, you shut the fuck up. I should kill you. Can have you waking the lady, can we?"

"It doesn't matter. I'll make her love me, she'll love me. I'll just let her listen to the clocks, and she'll love me. She'll love me. She'll love me."

"I guess I'll go for your tongue next, then, so you'll stop spouting out so much lies," I exclaim, smiling happily.

I'm about to do just that, but the sound of something creaking from behind me halts my actions.

I don't know who I expected to see, but it wasn't Sammy. I hold a hard glare for a split second, until I finally register the pretty face before me. The pretty face, that has a look of shock and horror all over it.

Her eyes trail over the blood that I am practically wearing like a second layer, and in a split second I realise... I have really fucked up.

"Sammy? What are you-?"

My voice falters when I watch her eyes widen in fear at the sight of Jervis say behind me.

Fuck. Fuck, fuck, fuck. Fuck!

"Hello, my dear. Long time no see, eh?"

I nearly turn to punch his lights out, but my body doesn't want to move, as the voices in my head give me no ideas on how to explain the situation present.

Instead, I gently edge her to the door, shocked when she allows me to move her back. I shut the door behind us.

At first, I expect her too start shouting, or maybe even faint. She surprises me, though.

"Jerome... what is he doing here?"

"Um," I start, unsure on what to say. "I'm torturing him?"

Well, shit.

"I noticed that. Why?" She doesn't even sound mad, just... disappointed.

I don't find any sentences good enough for an answer.

"Is it because of what he did to me?"

I can only nod, weakly swallowing.

I half expect a good slap across the face, but it doesn't arrive.

She sighs, shaking her head slowly.

"Jerome, that's... sweet," she admits, and my heart stops. "Horribly sweet, in a fucked up way. You shouldn't ever do that to someone just because of me."

"But he-"

"I'm not finished. But, since it's him, I don't care. Do what you want."

"Sammy..."

"I'm going back to bed. Have a shower after, please."

I'm about to protest, however I'm faced with her retreating form.

I frown deeply, shaking my head at the terrible and haunting ideas of what happened while she was with him to make her hate him so much.

I'm already going to make his life hell, but if he did anything remotely sexual to her... I'll make him wish he was in hell, rather than my company.

It's as if even the idea of him has weakened her already sad heart. She's gone too through much... some of it, being from me.

I shudder at the thoughts of my past actions. Even the darker voice in my head doesn't say anything to my clear disgust.

I sigh, realising what I can do to make her happy again. To see her smile.

Can you really blame me? It's a nice smile.

Corny motherfucker.

Sexy corny motherfucker.

You got that right.