74. Tick-tock

Ew I come back to this chapter and it's like the new musically (TikTok) has taken over. no offence to y'all who have it, it's just the adverts on YouTube piss me off.

I had a suggestion for an intro, and here it is.

SO NO ONE TOLD YOU LIFE WAS GONNA BE THIS WAAAAAAAY

good suggestion.

Note- I have no idea what it's like to be hypnotised. I'm just going to guess that the thoughts and emotions of the person are still there, but it's as if they're not in control of what they say, or do. I don't know, to be honest.

O shit major character development for my main girl sam. O sheeeit.
----

Sam's P.O.V

I find myself plotting my escape, like I have done many times before. It was as if I had a sign that read, 'Hey! Please kidnap me!' in my hands.

Jervis cheerfully continues to drink his tea, still aware that my hands are tied and I can't sip my own. Shame, because I am a little bit thirsty.

"Hatter," I begin, playing my 'role'. He glances up at me at that, grinning. I gulp, forcing myself to speak again, "Please can you release my arms so that I can drink my tea?"

"I'm sorry, Alice, but I'm afraid I cannot. Would you wish for me to assist you in drinking?"

Although I want to say no, I know that I have to earn his trust. I can't rely on Jeremiah, or Bruce, or even Gordon to get me. I'm on my own.

I nod curtly, making sure not to gag when his smile widens, as he stands up from his seat, making his way towards me.

"Thank you," I mutter, as he lifts the cup up for me, bringing it to my lips. I know I should be worried about him drugging me, but if he wanted to do something he surely would've used his hypnosis.

"I'm glad you're being obedient," Hatter tells me casually, reminding me of what Jeremiah told me not that long ago, a few moments before he blew up the bridges.

"I don't want to ruin the party," I reply, smiling tightly. I'm happy that I've had practice with my acting skills throughout the years. Firstly, I had to make up all sorts of things to stop Lila from hurting Jerome, I had to lie to Jerome to stop him from killing someone, and I had to stop Jeremiah from hurting me, or other people.

"No, no. Everything is going well, my dear. We should conclude this event to move onto the final moment of the evening."

''Final moment of the evening?' What is that supposed to be?'

I look the madman in the eyes when he leans closer to me, giggling as he speaks the words, "Mr Valeska saw a potential in you, but he never tried to lure it out. Me, however, I've sprung a perfect trap for it. There's a darkness in you, willing to come out, and soon enough it will break free."

I drop my facade, glaring hatefully, "You don't know anything about me, so stop guessing and take a real hard look. I don't have a darkness in me."

"But there it is. You see, it is in the corner of your mind. Only I can get it out," he informs, and I watch as he pulls a knife out of his pocket.

To my surprise, he cuts the rope off of me, and I instantly stand up, kneeing him in his area. He groans, but before I can run, I hear the sound that brought me here in the first place.

Tick-tock.

Tick-tock.

Tick-tock.

The sound causes me to stop, and before I can fully comprehend what's happening, I find myself looking back into Jervis' eyes, as he speaks words I cannot hear. All I'm concentrating on is the dark orbs in his eye sockets, that lure me in.

My body relaxes, despite my thoughts willing me to run. But, I just stand still, my mind not wining the battle.

"Follow me, my dear," Jervis orders, and I can tell he is not happy with my outburst. Oh, well.

My legs move by themselves, trailing quickly behind him.

"Stop," I mumble quietly, finding that the only word I can let out of my throat, but Jervis doesn't hear, and I go back to being a lifeless toy.

"In here," Jervis points inside an open door, and I try to stop myself from going inside. I can't. I strut in, peering around.

I feel my heart almost jump into my throat when I hear a soft whimper in front of me, and the sound of chains moving. Chains?

"Sam? Is that you?" A distant voice asks, but I only look at the person with a heartless stare, although on the inside I'm screaming and crying.

'No, no, no. Oh, please, no.'

Vicky slowly steps out of the dark, her eyes watery and her hands chained together.

"I did some research of my own on you. She is your friend, isn't she?" I hear Jervis say, but my focus is on the woman in front of me, as I desperately want a tear to drop from my eye, and show some kind of emotion.

"As I told you," Jervis continues, "I want to see your true potential... and I believe there is only one way to do it."

The sound of a gun being cocked behind me doesn't shock me like it used to, but makes me very, very scared. What is he going to do?

He steps in front of me, before placing the gun firmly in the palm of my hand.

'What the fuck?'

"Kill her," he commands, and I feel my world get rocked upside down. My arm starts raising, before the gun is directly pointed at my best friend's head.

"W-What are you doing?!" Vicky cries, shrinking away until she hits the wall.

I fight with my own body, trying to give her any sign that it's not me in control, and so I can turn around and shoot Jervis instead.

"No," I hear myself whisper.

"Please stop!" She screams, "It's me! Sam, it's me! It's Vicky, your friend!"

I feel my finger tense on the trigger, as my eyes lock onto her. I can't even look away.

'I'm sorry.'

Bang!

As soon as the shot goes off, I hear Jervis snap his fingers behind me, and I hit my knees on the floor, the gun falling out of my hand, a heartbroken sob escaping me as I look at the only person I could really trust, who is now dead.

'I killed her.'