64. The Enemy of My Enemy

I'm so confused rn.

So do you think Jeremiah will have any 'minions' to help him out in season 5? Like, Jerome's followers are dead. Then again, Ecco isn't. Some of Ra's al Ghul's guys could join him, but for some reason, I doubt it.

I'M CONFUSED, WHO WORKS FOR JEREMIAH? Maybe like when Jerome got his followers by being crazy & adorable & stuff on the news, but Jeremiah's followers like him for blowing up the buildings & being adorable too. Idk. Ideas?
----

Sam's P.O.V

"I heard that you escaped from that freak," Barbara states, pulling up a chair in front of the one I'm tied to.

"Yeah I did, but it's hard to run when you've recently been shot," I grit out, looking around the room for the first time.

Where the hell is my dad? Damn, I don't wanna seem like I care about him, but I hope he's not hurt.

Barbara sighs, "I did it to protect you."

"Bullshit. I thought that I couldn't walk when I first woke up, and I couldn't do a-anything when he- ..."

She raises an eyebrow, leaning forward, "What did he do? You're going to tell me, or I swear-"

"You'll what? Shoot me again?"

She doesn't reply to that.

"He asked who shot me, and I wouldn't tell him. He grabbed me by my neck, but I got him to let go before he could do anything serious," I explain, much to her shock.

"You didn't tell him it was me?"

"No, but he found out anyway. Now I'm scared about what he'll do when he finds me again..."

"He's stated that he'll give whoever brings you to him forty-million dollars."

"Are you going to hand me over to him?" I ask, the worry obvious in my voice. I don't want to think about how Jeremiah will react, if he were to get to me again.

"No. You may see me as a monster...but I really do care about you. You're still the little girl who I met outside the GCPD, and you're still my friend."

"Friends don't shoot each other."

"He was going to be distracted with you, so he wouldn't blow the bombs, at least not straight away. Everyone knows that he cares for you, that's why it's not safe for you in Gotham. Jeremiah has enemies who would love to get their hands on you," she tells me, and I shake my head in annoyance.

She did it to save her own skin, not Gotham's. But, if I want to live, I'll have to go along with it.

"Where's my dad?"

She pulls a sour face, "He's your dad? The one you told me about?"

"Yes."

"The bastard is alive, but why are you with him?"

"It's a long story. Look, can I just leave with him? Like you said, I need to get out of Gotham, somehow."

She shakes her head sadly, "I brought you here so that he wouldn't find you. You'll be safe."

"I highly doubt that. I just want to go. He'll expect me to be hiding out with someone, and if he does figure out where I am, he'll kill everyone here."

She frowns sadly, her eyes looking surprisingly wet for a second, before she glances back up and nods slowly, "I'll have Tabitha escort you halfway, but after that you're own your own."

----

Third Person P.O.V

There is a thick cloud of tension in the air, as Samantha and her father are walking, Tabitha at their heels. It certainly doesn't help that she has her whip in one hand, and a gun in the other.

When they reach the half-way mark, she stops, her eyes suddenly narrowing.

"What is it?" Sam questions, not liking the look the woman is giving pointedly at the end of the alley.

"This was easy... too easy," she replies, her grip tightening on the weapons she has.

That puts everyone else on edge, as they too, look around. But, no one notices the small man coming out from the shadows, behind Tabitha.

She falls to the floor with a grunt, after being smacked in the head. The father and daughter are promptly grabbed from behind by bulky men.

They both look in horror at the person who knocked Tabitha out, who is smirking slyly at her form. After all, she had killed his mother, and he had killed the man she loved - Butch Gilzean.

Oswald Cobblepot, the 'Penguin', then focuses his attention on the other two, still smiling as he steps closer to the girl.

"I heard that Jeremiah Valeska is paying a pretty price for you to be brought to him. Me and him left on bad terms, and I hope this can... fix them."

Samantha can't find any words to say, but her father does.

"You asshole! He'll kill her if you send her to him!"

Penguin's nostrils flare as he sends a dirty look to the older man, sneering, "And who are you?"

"He's my dad. Please don't hurt him. If you take me, you can just let him go," Sam begs, finding her voice for the first time.

Penguin takes in her words, and then shakes his head, "Oh, no. Mr Valeska may want both of you. He might be 'less likely to shoot me on the spot', shall we say?"

Samantha tries to protest, but her voice is cut short when a bag is thrown over her head, and she is placed onto someone's shoulder, as they begin walking. It isn't long before she finds herself get moved into a car or van, but she can only feel the dreadful fear seething in the pit of her stomach.

She's going to see Jeremiah Valeska, the man who frightens her more than anything else.