13

Dan had visited Phil every single day after his classes from now on. They sat and talked on his bed for hours on end laughing at nothing. Most of the time Phil wanted to know all about Dan, where he was born, his life goals, he funniest memory.

But Dan really wanted to know about Phil, he rarely said anything about himself or his past. And Dan wanted to know everything.

Sometimes Dan would spend the night there on weekends, and instead of sleeping on the couch he would lie with Phil as he hugs around his waist, this time with both arms since his bruising was getting less severe.

"Phil why don't your parents come to visit you?" Dan had asked once in the dark.

Phil's arms had tightened and so had his voice. "They do from time to time."

"Oh! hopefully one day I can meet them." Dan would say back cheerfully.

Phil would scoff, "You don't want to meet them, they're heartless fucks."

Dan rolled his eyes and nudged his unbroken leg with his foot, "Don't curse badly about your family, and what about your mother?"

Phil would be quiet for a moment. "Let's not talk about my family anymore."

And then that would be the end of the conversation.

And also like last time, the kiss they had shared was once again a memory. Dan wouldn't dare to bring it up, he had lost so much control that day he didn't think he could forgive himself. And Phil takes notice of this and decides not to bring it up either, even though he was kind of hurt of the situation.

One day, Dan was sitting cross legged on Phil's bed eating a ham and cheese sandwich the nurse had brought in for Phil. The only useful thing Dan learned about him, was that he didn't like cheese.

"Can we at least talk about it." Phil asks out of the blue.

Dan looks at him for a moment, chewing slowly before swallowing. "I beg your pardon?"

"You know what I mean," Phil turns the force of those blue eyes on him, "what happened the first time you got here."

Dan sits up straighter, then re crosses his legs, then puts down the sandwich before picking it back up. "I don't know what you mean."

"Dan we can't go through this shit again. We have to talk about how you keep coming on to me and then regretting it."

"I am not coming on to you!" His voice raises an octave as he looks around at anything but his smug face.

"Yea yea, I'm totally irresistible, you want me." He laughs.

A blush is evident in Dan's cheeks as he sets down the sandwich on the tray and stares out the window into the bright sunshine, he wonders what the rest of the boys were up to on this Sunday afternoon.

"It's just- there's these moments where I feel like your actually a good guy." Dan whispers.

"What?" Phil sits up suddenly from his position where his hands were casually behind his head.

"Oh, Phil I promise I wasn't trying to be rude, it's just that, you're still a bad boy." Dan smiles softly at the title, still looking out the window.

"You still care about your damn record don't you." He practically growls, "I thought we were working up to something here."

Looking at him in shock, Dan puts the sandwich on the tray and consciously fixes his curls. "Phil, we're friends."

"I call bullshit on that! Dan haven't you told me before that friends don't kiss each other? And then I responded with that couples are friends that had kissed each other."