28

The light was shining through the open blinds the next morning. The two boys were asleep, or at least Dan was with a slight smile on his face and his arm around Phil who was staring up at the ceiling, his face expressionless. How could he be so easily manipulated?

Dan wakes up a few seconds later and looks up at Phil smiling guiltily at him. "Goodmorning?"
Phil looks down at him, "Yea you could say that." He moves away from him and gets out of bed, this time his underwear was on. "That was dumb move we did."

The brunette sits up a little. "I'm sorry okay? Is that what you want to hear?"

"It wasn't even your fault," He grabs some clothes from his suitcase, "it was mine, I gave up to easily, just so you could get your way."

Dan picked at a stray string on the sheets. "You're mad at me aren't you?"

Phil sighs. "I'm trying not to be, but I'm trying to make a good impression with your parents, what if they heard us like the guys did?"

"They didn't! Don't you remember?" Dan scrambled to find something under the sheets until he found a torn piece of clothing, "you stuffed this in my mouth."

Phil looks away from it disgusted, "I'm going to go take a shower I need to think."
"You want me to join you?" Dan say hopeful.

"No." A door closes in his face.

_____

"You want me to help you set the table Mrs. Howell?" Phil asks as he comes down the stairs. The whole place smelled like turkey and other Thanksgiving delicacies but she was making a full english breakfast.

"Oh how thoughtful of you! Thanks Phil."
She smiles as she hands him some plates. Phil starts to place them on the table.

"So, it took me a few minutes but I think you're dating bear." She smiles to herself.

His ears heat up. "Y-yes mam."
"Don't worry," she laughs, "I just want your honest answers."

Phil waits for what she is going to ask.

"You love him?"

"Yes mam."

"You'll take care of him?"

"I will."

"You will protect him if something happens to him."

"Of course."

She turns to him this time. "And you won't break up with him right? You won't hurt him?."

"I promise you, I won't ever let Dan go, we may have up and downs but we'll always come back to each other at the end of the day."

"I trust you. Now come here!" She hugs Phil and looks over her shoulder at Dan that was peeking behind a wall. She winks at him and he smiles and disappears back up the stairs.

____

"What are you thankful for?" Dan's mom asks him.

Dan stops eating and swallows the mouth full of mashed potatoes.
"Well.. I'm thankful for you and dad of course." They smile, "and I'm also thankful that I got to go to Kingston's and meet Phil."
Phil smiles at his plate as Dan pats his leg.

"And you Phil?"

Phil looks up at her surprised. "Oh I don't think..."

"Go on say it!" She urges.

"Well, I'm thankful for Dan, I feel like I was really lost without him and he helped me find my way, and I hope we stay together."

Dan was grinning widely, he was thinking about giving Phil a prize tonight but remembered what he said so he kept racking his brain for something good until he got it.

"What's this?" Phil had his eyes closed as Dan puts something metal in his hand.

"You can open them now."

Phil opens his eyes and then opens his hand to reveal a silver band. "Are you proposing?"

"What no!" Dan laughs, "it's a promise ring silly, I already have mine on." He shows him the other silver ring on his right hand ring finger.

Phil puts its on his own finger and hugs Dan tightly, loving how easily they fit in each other's arms. "One day, I'll marry you for real Daniel Howell."

But that same night, Phil leaves with a urgent text message from his mother saying something happened to his dad. He wrote a note and put it on Dan's  desk hoping that he'll see it in the morning.

oh shoot.
HOE OUT ✌🏼