24

The last day for rehearsal came upon the theater kids at such a fast rate, all of them were dressed in uniform and waiting for Ashelmet's last day of rehearsals speech.

"Now since you guys were so slow at trying to get your parts covered we have to push the concert to tomorrow since we can't do anything after Thanksgiving."

None of them were scared though, they had practiced enough and were actually excited about the play. And at Thanksgiving they could go home and didn't come back until after January, this was the longest break they would ever get.

When the speech was done, everyone splits up to go change into their outfits. Phil had made it so Dan could wear easily tear away pants and a dress shirt. He made sure he was wearing something under them though. Phil had a costume that resembled lower class.

"You almost forgot your crown." Phil says holding the gold above his head.

"It's because I don't need it yet Phil." Dan remarks grabbing it out the air.
Phil laughs and takes it back but he continues to look at him. "I know but you look really good in a crown bear."

Dan blushes as he uses the nickname. Phil was with him when he had called his family to tell them that he was coming home a month early for Thanksgiving when his mother had called him the name. Phil had become obsessed with it. Dan even told her that he was bringing a guest.

A whistle blows as a signal for the start of the rehearsal and Dan turns to go to the stage waving at Phil.

"Hey Dan." He calls and Dan turns, "don't back out of our scene this time."

Dan nods but its hesitant. He still couldn't bring himself to kiss Phil or act out the whole scene in front of everyone. It just always got so quiet though when the play actually happens there would be music in the background.

Dan backed out again. This time Phil kept leaning in until Dan full on pushed him back. When they went to the next scene, Phil had succeeded in ripping off his tear away pants and pushing him on the bed but then he hurriedly gets up when the director calls for cut.

"Dan you have to stop acting so afraid, if you can't act right we're either going to have to replace you or scrap the entire play."

Everyone starts grumbling and telling Dan to act right since they spent every waking second practicing for this. Heat blooms on his cheek as he mutters and apology to them.

"We'll take it over again from the top one last time!" He yells.

_____

It was time for the concert. Backstage Dan was chewing desperately on his nails as he looks out to see a full crowd of people talking and laughing. So. Many. People.

"Hey Dan are you okay?" Phil asks adjusting his mic.

"Y-yea its just,I'm nervous." He swallows.

Phil tugs him away from the curtain and makes him look up at him. Dan exhales slowly as Phil's eyes calm him. He rubs soft circles into his hands as they hear the principal makes her opening statements.

"Breathe okay? Everything is going to be fine." Phil assures. Dan didn't seem like he was listening, he kept looking back over his shoulder at the curtain that's when Phil kisses the top of his head and Dan looks back at him.

"Just a little good luck kiss." He smiles.

"I think I need another one." Dan laughs shyly.

Phil tilts his face up to meet his and he bends, putting his lips on Dan's soft and plump ones. It wasn't full of heat or passion it was just a kiss. The taste of Phil lingered slightly on Dan's lips as he backs away. That's when Ashelmet comes out waving Dan and Melissa forward. Phil gives him a thumbs up and Dan smiles a little as he turns and walks to the stage.

"Please." Phil smirks a little and comes closer, "I know you need me, I know you want me."

"We are not turning this conversation that way." Dan's voice was a little shaky, "Please leave." He finally looks into his eyes.

"Let me just... persuade you that I belong with you..." Phil grabs his hip and pulls him close, "honey."

"I left that nickname behind years ago." Dan places a shaking hand on his chest and pushes him back slightly. "Go." He says.

Phil captures his hand before he can pull away and raises it his lips. "No." Phil kisses his hand.

That's when the music starts and Dan looks into Phil's eyes that looked expectant as he leaned in. He was going to slow. Dan smashed his lips to his and Phil makes a noise of surprise as he hurriedly leads Dan over to the bed and rips off his pants. The crowd shouts and whoops as he pushes Dan on the bed with a smirk on his face. Dan blushes and that's when the curtains close.

Everyone backstage celebrates quietly since the show was still going on and Phil helps Dan off the bed and captures him in a bone crushing hug.

___

Later that night the hall was celebrating their performance with a weird bubbly drink. Dan was kind of tired and didn't feel like drinking at all. He just wanted to go to bed.

Phil notices as his boyfriend slips up the stair case and he immediately gets up and follows him.

"Were you just going to leave me down there alone." Phil teases as he follows Dan into his room.

"Sorry Phil, I was just tired." Dan replies slipping out his shoes, "you're welcome to lay in bed with me."

Phil smirks a little and closes the door and he slips out his own shirt. Dan looks and blushes slightly. "What?" Phil laughs.

"You're hard to look away from." Dan admits quietly.

Phil steps up to him and grabs his hand, placing them on his chest. Dan bites his lip and Phil groans.

"Hey." Phil says tugging his lip out his mouth. "how about we act out what happens after the curtains close?"

do i have to tell you guys what's going to happen in the next chapter?? 😂

HOE OUT✌🏼