33

Phil walks over to the bed and gets back under the covers with him. Dan's head sinks down to his chest, his ear over his fast beating heart and his arm around his stomach. Phil wraps both arms around him and they sit like that until he could calm down.

"Someone ordered some hit men for my dad, and that's why he got in the wreck." Phil whispers hoarsely.
Dan gasps shocked. "Really?"

Phil nods. "But the thing is, he knows that since he came out alive, they won't stop till their job is done, so he went to the police, asking to have some protection from the guys."

"Oh..." Dan starts to realize and Phil's chest starts heaving as he begins to cry again.

"I-I'm sorry Dan, I promised you forever, and I want to give that to you but..." tears roll down his cheeks.

Dan's face was expressionless as he continues to hold on to Phil. This couldn't be happening, he didn't want to lose Phil.

"I don't even know where we're going to move to, they wouldn't tell me because they know I would tell you." He pants, "I'm so sorry Dan."

Dan looks up at his blue eyes that were filled with tears. Phil's lip quivers as he looks down at him.
"When do you think they're going to catch them?" He asks.

"That's the thing, it could take months, maybe years before they figure out who did it." Phil sniffs. "I don't want to lose you."

Dan shushes him and holds him tighter. He wouldn't see Phil for a long time. "You're not supposed to tell anyone where you're going." Dan mentions.

"I can't even call you." He says back.

The boyfriends sit there, wondering what will become of them. Dan didn't know how long Phil would be gone, how long he would be missing out of his life, how much time would pass between them.

"You're so beautiful." Phil says watching Dan.

Dan's lips trembles and his face grows hot as he struggles to hold back tears. "Stop crying." He says, bringing his thumb up to wipe away the wetness on his cheeks.

"I can't." Phil whispers as new ones fall. "I'm so sorry Dan."

Dan was crying too now as he watches Phil break down. "It's not your fault, stop apologizing, I love you so much, and you're making this hard for me to...."

Phil watches as Dan clutches at his shirt and cries into it. He pats his back as Dan lets out shuddering breaths. "Dan?" He finally asks.

Dan sniffs and comes up from Phil's sweet scent. "Phil.. I-I don't know how long this is going to last and-"

Phil caught on quickly, his tears stop and he pulls his lips into a tight line. "No." He states firmly.

"Phil don't do this to me okay? It's hard for me to even think about it."

"I'm not listening to you." He turns his face away from him.

"You'll find someone better in your new life, in your new home, I know you will." Tears keep rolling down his face.

Phil turns back to him and grabs his chin and kisses him passionately but it had some ferocity behind it. When he pulls back, Dan's head was swimming.
"There is no one better than you." He says.

"You're making this worse." Dan whispers as Phil kisses his cheek and the corner of his mouth. "Phil...."

"Dan, I leave tomorrow!" Phil half yells, "I want to spend my last moments with you, please distract me." He whispers the last part as he cuddles into his hair.

Dan thinks back to the cotton candy pink lace that was in his suitcase buried beneath his clothes.

"Phil."Dan whispers, his eyes trained on his suitcase.

"Yea?"

"Make love to me, I want to feel you on me, one last time."

Phil's breath hitches and he sits up, attaching Dan's lips to his, they kiss and it was full of so many different emotions put into one, and they could only call that feeling love.
"Where are you going?" Phil asks as Dan gets up and opens his bag.
"I'm distracting you." Dan pulls out the pink lace and Phil's eyes go wide.

He undresses quickly and throws the feather light slip over his head. Phil couldn't take his eyes off him. The pink contrasted well with his tan skin. The hem of it was only mid thigh.
"The distraction is working." Phil motions for him to come over and Dan does.

"You're the most beautiful boy I've ever laid eyes on." He whispers as he runs his fingertips up Dan's thigh.
Dan shivers, and sits on his thigh.
"So pretty..." He whispers and then then he made Dan feel like the most loved boy on Earth.

Warm breaths, and stolen kisses were had deep into the night. Cries of joy and sorrow couldn't top the feeling of feeling loved by both boys. Dan loved how Phil grabbed him in places he loved to be grabbed, how he sunk his teeth into his now marked and soft skin. How slowly he moved. This was love. His hands gripped his biceps hard, his fingers scratched at his back and both took in sharp breaths as the bed moves with Phil's quick but slow deliberate movements.
And even when the love making was finished, the burning passion for each other still raged in the two boys hearts as they fell asleep, sticky and out of breath in each other's arms, their promise ring glinting in the moonlight,and Dan knew, he would wait how ever long forever was, for Phil.

This was love, it isn't a emotion, it's a feeling you get when you're around or without someone regardless of where they were.

And that, dear reader is love, and Dan would always feel it for Phil.

Epilogue is next! 😭

HOE OUT✌🏼