17

"No it's 'I know you need me, I know you want me' that's the only part you have to get right Phil." Dan sighs for the fifth time that evening.

Phil wasn't really even trying, they were sitting in the living room of the 7th hall, but Phil was sitting upside down on the couch and his face was spotting red as he held his feet straight up in the air, enjoying the fact that he now only had a knee brace on and smiled at Dan.

"You should loosen up, the tryouts are not until 2 days." He scoffs.

"Phil thats bad!" Dan looks up from the paper, "and sit up or all the blood will rush to your head."

Phil laughs but sits up anyway, "I can't focus Dan! I need motivation!"

Phil turns his body so he's now sitting the right way on the couch and pats his lap. "Can you come motivate me?"

Dan scowls at him, his eyes flicking back to his paper. "Phil we're not doing this."

"I'm just saying that it may help me focus! You know like if we acted out the part."

Dan looks at him shocked. "That's actually a good idea Phil, but the tone here says 'alluring and sexy' and I don't know if-"

"Oh don't worry you'll be fine!" Phil popped up with a giant grin in his face, he rubs his hands together, "let's get started."

Dan bites his lip slightly as he looks down at the paper blankly. This was a bad idea but yet if Phil gets it right he could recommend him for his own main part. He stands up hesitantly.

"Yes! That's what I'm talking about." Phil motions for him to come closer.

Dan takes a tiny step forward.
Phil brushes it off. "Whatever that's fine, read the other part Dan."

Dan looks down at the unhighlighted words and speaks in a monotone voice.

"I told you to stay away from me."

"Cut!" Phil yells shaking his head. "Dan be more dramatic! How do expect to get a main part with that attitude?"

Dan blushes "I'm sorry it's just really weird."

"Dan you didn't think it was weird when you were kissing me at the-"

"Okay I'll try harder this time!" Dan raises his voice slightly, trying to keep Phil from bringing up one two many of his mistakes.

Phil grins, "Good."

Dan shakes out his shoulders and looks down at the paper. "I told you to stay away from me." He says in a more forceful tone.

"You know I can't do that, I need you." Phil takes on a lower tone that makes Dan's stomach flutter.

"You should just do what you were planning on doing and stay with your family." Dan bargains.

"They don't need my support, but I know you do." Phil takes a step forward.

Dan gulps as he looks back down at the paper. "You don't know what I want."

"Yes I do." Phil says more forcefully, "just admit it, you're lost without me."

Dan's stomach was turning into knots every time Phil spoke. Neither of them notices that James had entered the room laughing and talking with Shane as they ate candy bars. James stopped Shane with his hand and pointed excitedly at the two boys.

"What is it- oh my.."
"Shh! sit on the floor!"

They sit down quietly and Shane snatches James half eaten chocolate bar away.
"Hey!"
"It's not like you were going to finish it now hush!"