15

Phil looks in between Dan and James for a few seconds, trying to control his breathing, if this was how Dan wanted it, then by all means, lets play this game.

"You're right, I'm sorry, you look good Dan."

"Thanks." Dan says to a spot on the floor.

Mark grips his shoulder as he turns around shakily on his crutches and hops out of sight.

Dan sighs and flops backwards onto his bed. James just laughs loudly and Shane comes tumbling out the closet.

"Holy shit I thought he was going to kill you!" He screams at James.

James just laughs and stands up, "You know he wouldn't, I'm to cute to die."

Dan was just staring up at the ceiling, everything was going downhill. Why did he decide to do this anyway? Now Phil is mad him for something he didn't even mean to do!

"Dan? It's okay he'll forgive you because you're you." Shane says, plopping down on the bed beside him.

"No he won't, I feel like I've made him mad to many times." Dan mumbles, putting his hands over his eyes.

Shane pokes his side and Dan stifles a laugh. Shane notices and does it again.

"Quit!" Dan tries to keep a straight face.

"What? Are you ticklish?" Shane smiles, poking his sides more.

"Yes!" Dan laughs as he takes his hands away from his eyes and tries to protect his sides.

James notices and jumps in, he pries Dan's hands away from his sides and allows Shane to keep tickling him. Dan was extremely ticklish and he also hit people when they tickled him. So, James and Shane got a few bruises by the time they stopped.

Dan was panting, red in the face, he sits up and tries to calm down his breathing.

"We should stop before we get caught by Phil again." James laughs standing up.

"Oh we almost made him forget!" Shane wines as he sees Dan's face contort back into sadness.

James covers his mouth with his hands, "Oh! I didn't know I'm so sorry Dan, I can go talk to him if you want."

"No it's fine, I'll still do the thing tonight."

"Really? Dan what information do you want from him."

Dan looks at both of them and just shrugs, "I just want answers really."

The day was going by really slowly. Dan had been sitting at his desk doing his work ever since Shane and James left two hours ago. He wanted extra credit, so he was writing essays on why he loved his classes.

He didn't know why he was still in the outfit that James got for him, it just kinda stayed on, and Dan felt more free in it anyways. He kept his leg tucked under him as he leaned over the desk that would give you horrible posture.

Probably around 12:00, a bell sounded overhead that signaled it being time for lunch. Dan gets up automatically but then he looks down at his outfit and decides he'll just skip lunch. It was for the best, Phil was probably going to sit at the table anyway.

Phil. He wasn't ready for tonight, knowing that he was going to have to get really close to him again, but definitely not kiss him. Dan remembers the promise he had made on Phil's hospital bed. He wouldn't kiss him again even if he had to.

Nighttime had rolled around quickly after lunch had ended and Dan's stomach was grumbling for something to eat.

He peeks his head out of his door and listens carefully. The hall was silent. There was another way into the kitchens. Maybe he could grab a apple and make his way back up without being seen by Phil or anyone else. It was bad enough that Mark had already seen him.