I'm Okay

Lia pulled her covers over her head. It was too early. Her mother had filming and that left her with Fred.
      "Sweetie! I wanted to say good morning before I left. You can still come if you would like." Lana said pulling the door open and walking in.
     Lia threw the covers off of her. "I'm okay." If it was just her and Fred then she could stop eating the entire time Lana was gone. He never really paid attention to her.
     "Okay. I love you." Lana said walking over to the bed.
     Lia sat up and gave her mother a kiss. "I love you too mom. Go. Have fun at filming."
    Lana smiled and walked out of the room.
  Lia got out of the bed and looked in her long mirror.
    Though she was super skinny, her ribs sticking out and her bones showing well, all she could see was fat.
She groaned and walked to her dresser and pulled out a baggy sweater and some jeans.
She dressed quickly and pulled her phone out and stuck some earbuds in her ears and turned on Just for a day by Jonghyun
She walked downstairs into the kitchen.
Fred sat at the table drinking a cup of coffee. He nodded to her.
Lia pulled the fridge open and grabbed the water jug and poured herself a glass. She could stand water for a little bit. It didn't make her feel sick if she drank it.
Lia took a sip of water and walked over to her book bag. She didn't have school today because of Columbus Day but Fred didn't know that.
     Lia walked out of the door and walked down the sidewalk. She strolled to the music store.
     This was her home.
   She walked in. The manager nodded to her.
She pulled on earbud out. "Hi." She said with a soft smile.
     "What's the song today?" He asked with a smile.
    "Just for a day by Jonghyun." Lia said.
  He nodded. "Such a tragedy what happened to him." He said.
    Lia knew it's been a year since her idol had passed but it still hurt. "It is. Any work today?"
     He nodded. "Actually yes. Your mother will be here next week to do a question and answer. Wanna help set up?"
Lia didn't want anything to do with her mother. Sure she was sweet by Lia didn't want to take a chance of hurting her.
Lia nodded. "What can I help with?"
"We need a song about her. If you can find one by next Monday it would be greatly appreciated."
Lia sighed. "Okay. I'll get to you on it." She said and walked to the door. "Is that all?"
He nodded. "You're excused."
  Lia out her earbud in and walked outside. She started to feel dizzy. When was the last time she ate anything?
    It's been at least three days.
  Lia leaned on the wall and felt her vision go black.
      "Lia?"
Lia felt a bang in her chest. The familiar voice of her mother was behind her. She should have been gone by now.
     Lia turned around slowly. "You're supposed to be on your way to filming."
    Lana looked at her worried. "My flight got moved. Are you okay? You look pale."
     Lia shook her head. "I'm okay. Just a sad song." She said.
    Lana didn't look convinced.
  "Mom I'm okay. Really." Lia said trying to convince her. "I have to go work on something for work. I love you." Lia said and walked away. She felt bad but that was too close.
Lana seemed suspicious and Lia couldn't feed onto that. Not when she was so close. 98 lbs. that's where she would be by the bed of the week. She was 101lbs. All she had to do was lose the last few pounds. And if Lana knew then all Lia's work would be sent down the drain.
And Lia wouldn't let that happen.