My Birthday

Lia looked at her mother. "I am going to go get my medication. On my own! I will be fine! I don't want it need your body guard." She snapped and walked out of the door.
     Her mother was so overprotective after what happened at the hospital.
     Lia walked down the sidewalk pulling her coat hood up. She was half way to the pharmacy when a person pointed and suddenly there was a swarm. She covered her face with her hand.
     "Lia! Say something!"
   "When is your next performance?"
    "Are you going to start singing professionally on stage?"
    "Will you have a world tour?"
     Lia looked at one of the camera. "I plan to sing professionally when I am well enough." She said and slipped through the crowd.
    A man hit her should causing her to stumble.
    She felt a camera clip the side of her head. She pulled her hood tightly up and held her hands up and walked down the sidewalk.
      "Will you write your own songs?"
      "Do you have an Agent?"
       "Lia tell us about your love life?"
    Lia stopped causing a few people to run into her.
      "I am writing my own songs. My agent is none of your business and my love life is my own personal life. I'll answer questions about my music my performing and my stage life but for now my personal life is off limits." She said and ran down the sidewalk and into the pharmacy.
      The cameras and the people all waited outside taking pictures through the window.
     She walked to the counter.
   The person at the counter smiled. "You're an overnight sensation. How did you manage?"
     Lia shrugged. "I got out of the hospital and they were there right away."
      "I saw a few videos of you singing online. That's probably it. They went viral. On top of that you're a celebrity's child." She said handing her the medication in a bag.
     "Thank you. Have a-"
"Can I have your autograph?" She asked shyly. 
    Lia took a breath and nodded. "Do you have a pen and paper?"
      The last handed her them. Lia signed the paper and walked to the door. She felt a head ache start to pound in her head. She covered her face and walked outside.
    The loud noise sent a pounding through her head.
    She ignored them and walked swiftly down the sidewalk.
    A car pulled up beside her.
         Lana's body guard wakes out of the car and pulled her in swiftly.
     She looked at him. "I told-"
   "Lana saw you on Instagram and she didn't want you dealing with that so she told me to come get you even if you protested." He said driving quickly and leaving the group behind.
    Lia sighed loudly and leaned against the window. "They are just curious is all. They're human. I don't mind it really."
     "Not all of them have good intentions Lia." He said. "You're a very kind person. And that worries Lana because you have a hard time saying no to people."
     Lia looked at him. "Mum doesn't know me."
   He glanced at her through the mirror. "She knows you Lia. She knows you more than you think. You've always loved the camera."
     Lia unbuckled her seat belt and opened the door making him stop sharply. She got out and slammed the door. "I'll walk from here." She said running into the woods near the road leaving him looking for her. She cut through the woods but it soon became clear she was lost.
     She only wanted to clear her head and make her own decisions.
     Lia sat against a tree and sighed. Her headache had become worse.
      "Hello?" A voice said.
   Lia jumped and looked at the direction where the voice cane from.
    It was a young girl.
    Lia frowned. She knew this girl. Her eyes widened. "It's you!" She said standing up.
    The girl smiled. "You remember." She said.
     Lia smiled. "I told you I wouldn't forget." She smiled then looked around. "I'm kind of lost." She said.
    "I can help. I've been through these woods all my life." The girl said.
    Lia told her the neighborhood and the girl led her there.  
     Lia thanked her and the girl went home.
  Lia walked up to her house. It was becoming dark. She opened the door and walked in.
   Lana sat on the couch. "You do not just open a car door while the car is moving Lia." She snapped.
     Lia set her medication on the table by the couch and shut the door behind her.
    "Mum I don't care about the people taking pictures and asking questions. The only one making a big deal is you!" Lia snapped and walked upstairs.
    Lana filled after her. She threw a stack of envelopes on Lia's bed. "Your fan mail." She snapped. "And dial it down with the attitude. I've had it already." She said slamming Lia's door.
     Lia sat on her bed and looked at the stack. She frowned and put them on her bedside table.
    She laid down and put her hand on her forehead.
  She realized how rude she really was. Especially to her mother. Lana didn't have to adopt her and deal with her stupid comments and rude remarks. Yet she did and she forgives her every time.
   Lia sat up and pulled her phone out to clear her head. She was scrolling through Instagram posts when she realized something.
It was her birthday. And she had forgotten the entire day.
Lia looked up from her screen. And so had everyone else. Lia stood up and walked out fo the room. She walked downstairs stopping when she heard Lana speaking.
"I don't know what to do anymore. She won't listen. She doesn't respect me at all. I don't know how much more I can take of this." Lana said.
Lia sucked in a breath and walked to the door and opened it quietly. She walked outside and called Alex.
"Alex meet me at the park." Lia said and hung up. She looked back at the house and walked to the park. Pulling her hood of her coat up to cover her face. She walked quickly and was met by Alex as soon as she got there.
"Lia why are we out here it's the middle of the night." Alex said.
"It's my birthday. I want to do something." She said to Alex. "Just us two." She said.
Alex nodded. "Okay. Then let's do something."