Are We Okay?

Lia shivered under the thin hospital blanket and opened her eyes.
    A doctor was in the room. "You're awake. Hello Lia. Is there anyone we can call for you?" He asked.
    Lia looked around the room. "My mother. She's Lana Parrilla."
     The doctor nodded. "Okay. Do you have her number?"
    He didn't seem to believe her when she said that. She gave him the number and he called her mother.
     Lana ran into the room less than thirty minutes later. "Oh god Lia! I thought you got kidnapped or worse!" Lana cried running over to the bed.
Lia felt herself draw in a sharp breath. "Sorry."
Lana sat on the bedside. "It's okay. I'm glad your safe is all. Alex came to pick up her bag that she left and you weren't there. We all got worried." Lana said. She ran her fingers through Lia's hair. "What happened?"
Lia looked at the doctor in the room. "It was my weight wasn't it?" She asked.
He looked at the chart. "Part of it. You are underweight and malnourished but by the looks of it the leading cause was fluid in your lungs. You have a pretty bad case of pneumonia and it was preventing you from getting enough oxygen."
Lana looked at Lia. Taking in her pale complexion. "You didn't tell me you didn't feel well. And I'm sorry. I should have been paying more attention to your weight. You looked healthy."
      "It's okay mum. I didn't want you to worry. I've been eating just not as much because I've been stressed and I guess I don't fell sick because I've been having a hard time concentrating. It's not your fault." Lia said sitting up. She wasn't completely lying.
The doctor looked at Lana. "I have some medication she should take. May I speak with you alone in the hall?" He asked her.
Lana nodded and followed him to the hallway.
Lia reached for the phone on the table. The hospital rooms all had a phone. She called Alex again. Maybe she could get words out.
"Hello?" Alex asked not knowing who it was.
"Hey. It's Lia." She said in a scratchy voice.
"Lia! What the hell! Where are you?" Alex asked.
Lia told her. Alex hung up immediately.
Lia set the phone back just as Lana walked back in.
Lana sat down on the bed. "He said I could bring you home. He also suggested I get you therapy."
Lia nodded. "If you feel it would help. Is that all?"
Lana sighed and chuckled softly. "He asked for an autograph."
That made Lia smile slightly. "He did not."
Lana nodded. "He wanted me to see if you would give him one too."
Lia let out a soft laugh. "We'll see."
They spoke for a few minutes when the door flew open.
Alex ran in and stopped by the bed. She was clearly out of breath.
Lia frowned. "Alex-"
"You scared me!" Alex cried.
Lana stood up. "I'll leave you two to talk." She said and slipped into the hall.
Alex walked over. "What's wrong? Are you sick? Have you been eating enough?"
"Hey don't think it's because of my weight." Lia said softly. "It's pneumonia."
Alex sunk into the bed. "Are you Okay Lia? Are we okay?" She asked laying on the bed across Lia's covered legs.
Lia took a breath trying to answer. "I-"