Nice To Meet You

Lia walked out into the cold air. She felt her head start to spin. She had just walked out of the house. She can't just walk right back in. She wrapped her arms tightly around herself and ran down the sidewalk and stopped when she reached the woods. She sat against the base of a tree and closed her eyes. She felt her heart pound fiercely and her lungs crying for more air. She opened her eyes when her phone buzzed.
      Bex was calling her phone.
  Lia shit her phone off and stood up. She walked into the city and walked to the music store. On her way she spotted a poster asking for auditions for the broadway musical Footloose. Lia grabbed the poster. Auditions were tomorrow. She had everyone line and dance memorized for Footloose. She could audition. Lia looked for the address. It was just down the street. Lia looked over and walked to the building. She walked in and spotted a women at a desk. She smiled. "Hey sweetie. You here for auditions?"
    Lia nodded. "Are they tomorrow?"
  "They can be. We are taking people early though. Would you like to go early?" She asked.
    "I don't have my headshot and resume printed out." Lia said.
   "It's okay we have a computer and printer Over there. Take the time you need. Shall I let them know?"
    Lia nodded and walked to the computer. She swiftly printed out her resume and headshot and walked back to the desk.
    The lady returned. "Alright sweetie. You may sit. We'll call you in, in a few minutes."
    Lia nodded and walked to the sitting area.
  A young boy looked over. "Are you auditioning? For who?"
   Lia looked over. "Ariel but anyone I guess. This is kind of last minute."
   He smiled. "I'm auditioning for anyone." He said.
  "I am too I guess." Lia said. She realized she only wore a simple red blouse and black jeans. Her hair was strung around her head. She pulled it up into a messy bun and smiled. "Do you like to act?"
    "Duh! I've been acting since I was little." He said.
  Lia nodded. "I was adopted when I was young then I started acting. My mothers an actress."
    He looked at her. "Is she famous?"
   Lia shrugged. "Lana Parrilla."
    His eyes bugged out of his head causing lia to laugh. "You know her I take it."
   He shook his head. "I know of her. You're her daughter! I-"
    "Lia Parrilla we're ready for you." A women said.
   Lia stood up. "I hope I'll talk to you later." She said and followed the lady.

    Lia danced to perfection and sang every note right. She said her lines flawlessly and ended with a smile. "Thank you!" She said.
    The director nodded. "You sounded great dear. I have your information. I'll call you if you make it to call backs." He said. "Have a great day Lia Parrilla."
    She nodded and walked out just as the young boy from the main entrance walked in. "Good luck." She said.
   He nodded and slipped in.
   Lia walked out of the building breath deep and kind of dizzy but the performance gave her such a rush. She turned on her phone and saw a million notifications. She opened Instagram and gasped. The boy had snapped a picture of her. His picture and her Instagram was flooded with comments.

      I just met Lia Parrilla! Lana Parrilla's daughter! How did I get so lucky!!
      He had captioned it.

She's so gross.
Look at her skin!
She so breaking out!
She disgusting!
Ugly pig!

Lia shuttered at the comments.
Some were good though.

God she's so pretty!
Can I be her?!
How does she stay that thin?!
She looked just like her mother!

Lia laughed at the last one. It was ironic really. At least to her. Lia started to walked down the sidewalk. She saw a girl getting shoved out of a bar. She was drunk and crying. Lia walked over. "Ma'am can I help you in anyway?"
   The girl looked up at her. "He raped me."
Lia felt her heart stop. "I'm sorry?"
    The girl looked at her with tear stained cheeks. "Take me home. Please."
    "Where do you live?" Lia asked. "I'll call a taxi."
  The girl shook her head. "No they'll know I lied about my age. I'm only 17."
    Lia looked at her. "Okay. Uh where do you live then? I'll walk you there."
   The girl shook her head and sighed. "You're too thin to make it. It's too far."
    Lia took the girls hand causing the girl to look at her. Lia saw her real beauty. She was stunning. "What's your name? I'll walk you. It's okay."
   The girl nodded. "I'm Alex. Short for Alexandra."
Lia smiled. "It's nice to meet you Alex. I'm Lia."