I'll Be Here

Lia held Alex hand tightly as she drove. "Don't be nervous. My mum isn't the one you have to worry about." Alex said.
    Lia nodded. "I know." She said softly. Her phone rang.
    Lia unhooked her hand from Alex and looked at the caller ID: Mum.
     She sighed and shut the phone off. Alex looked over. "You should answer."
     Lia sighed. "I know."
   Her phone rang again.
   Bex.
      Lia looked at Alex and sighed. She answered. "Hello?"
     "What the hell lia! I brought you home and you ran again! What are you thinking?!" Bex yelled. "Lana is a mess. Lia she hasn't been out of the house in weeks. Lia she's slipped back into an eating disorder she's so worried."
   Lia took a sharp breath. "That's not my problem."
    "The hell its not! Lia she's your bloody mother! You can't treat her like this."
    "No? And why not? She left to go act when I needed her. Why is what I'm doing any different?" Lia asked.
    She got no answer. "That's what I thought." She said and ended the call.
    "At least you answered." Alex said.
   Lia nodded and watched as they pulled up to a huge house. "Oh my god! This place is huge!" Lia said.
   Alex nodded. "They have a lot of money. Come on. Let's go inside." She said. She opened her door and walked around and pulled Lia's opened.
    Lia got out and looked at the house. She took Alex's hand and walked with her to the front door.
    Alex rang the doorbell.
  An older women answered. She looked like Alex. "Oh it's you. Mum! Alex is here." The girl yelled and walked away.
   "That's my sister." Alex said. "Her names Laura."
   Lia nodded.
    Alex mother walked to the door. "You showed up. After what a year?"
    Alex nodded. "Hello mother. Make I come in?"
    Her mother sighed and moved to let her in. Alex looked like her mother. Her mother had dark hair with strands of grey. She was very pretty like Alex. She was also tall and petite.
     "Mother this is Lia." Alex said.
   Lia smiled. "Hello. It's good to meet you."
   Alex mother just nodded. "Your father's upstairs. He's asleep. You two may take your old room. Laura is having a few friends over tonight. Don't interrupt them." She said and walked away.
    Lia looked at Alex. "Wow."
   Alex nodded. "That's my mother."
     "Alex!"
  Alex turned around. "Liam! Oh my god it's been so long! Lia this is my brother Liam." She said as a young man walked in.
    "Hello. It's a pleasure to meet you." He said.
   Lia nodded. "I'm Lia." She said.
   "Is this your girlfriend?" He asked Alex.
   Alex nodded. "Yep. She's pretty is she not?"
     "She's stunning." He said looking at Lia. Lia shifted uncomfortably.   
    "Should we put our stuff in your room?" Lia asked.
   Alex nodded. "Liam we'll catch up later."
   "Okay big sis." He said.

Lia sat on the bed. Alex sighed. "They get crazier. Come on let's go see if I can get on her good side before dinner."
Lia walked down with Alex into the kitchen. She felt something hard hit the back of her head. "Ouch!" She said in a sharp tone and turned around.
Laura smirked. "You looked like you needed an apple."
Alex grabbed the apple off of the floor. "Fuck off." She snapped at her sister and put the apple back in the fruit basket. She kissed Lia's cheek. "You okay?"
"I'm fine." She said.
"Good." Alex mumbled.
Her mother looked over. "What do you want Alex?"
"To help with dinner. If you would like." She said. "And to introduce Lia Parrilla."
Laura's mouth dropped. "That's you?! You're Lana Parrilla's daughter?!"
Lia blushed. "That would be me. Although I prefer being known for my own acting."
"You were just on Footloose as Ariel right?" Laura asked standing up.
Lia nodded. "Also me."
"How did my whore sister get a girl like you?" Laura asked.
"Laura mouth!" Her mother said. "I'm Christa Larma. It's good to meet you. Alex set the table."
"Am I eating with you all?" Alex asked.
"I suppose since you were kind enough to bring your girlfriend with you. But if your father gets upset you can't blame me." She said.
"Lia would you set the table with me?" Alex asked.
Lia nodded and grabbed a pile of plates off of the counter.
Alex grabbed the silverware and showed Lia into the dining room.
She set the silverware down and took a shaky breath.
Lia set the plates down and walked over. She saw a tear slide down her cheek. Lia gently wiped the tear away and kissed her. "Alex it's okay."
She shook her head. "They're going to snap. I can feel it."
Lia filled her face with her hands. "I'll be here when it does. And I'll be here every time it happens. Okay?"
Alex nodded and took a deep breath. "Okay."