We've Got You

Lia suddenly was aware of the painful throbbing in her head and the cool sidewalk against her skin. She forced her eyes open and saw Alex leaning over her. "Lia!"
She winced. "My head." She groaned and sat up slowly.
Alex knelt beside her and wrapped an arm around her. "What happened Lia? When's the last time you ate something?"
      Lia forced herself to her feet. "Yesterday at supper. You saw me. I didn't eat lunch today because I was taking a test during lunch." She said with a groan.
   Alex sighed and helped Lia walk down the sidewalk. "You have to eat Lia. You know it."
   Lia pulled her arm away from Alex. "I know. I usually do." She walked ahead of Alex leaving her behind. She reached the house and pulled the door open.
    Lana threw her a plastic plate as she walked in. "Bex and I made apple pie. Your favourite. Have a slice before Bex and I have to go film." Lana said smiling.
    Alex walked in drilling her bag by the coat rack.
   "You too Alex. Come have a slice of apple pie." Lana said.
   "No thanks Mrs. Parrilla. I don't like apple." Alex said walked to the couch.
    Lana chuckled. "I don't understand how you and Lia get along so well. She loves apples."
    "I'll get a slice after supper Mum. Will you be home in time?" Lia asked.
     Lana shook her head. "I don't think so. Don't wait up. I think we'll be home pretty late. Alex you better head out before it gets too late. Bex will be home sooner than I will." Lana said.
   Alex stood up. "Okay." She said and walked to the door. "Bye Mrs. Parrilla." She said and walked out of the house.
    Lana and Bex followed her out. Leaving Lia alone in the house.
    Lia walked to the couch and laid on the couch. Her body was yelling at her for starving herself but she just couldn't bring herself to eat. She curled up and closed her eyes and slipped into sleep.
Lia woke up with a pounding in her chest. She shot up and felt her breathing getting harder. She grabbed her phone quickly and called Alex. She sucked in a deep breath and the pain increase. Her eyes watered.
"What is it Lia?" Alex asked on the other side.
Lia closed her eyes.
"Hello?"
The phone clicked as Alex hung up.
She dialed 911 instead. Her vision blurred and she heard the front door open.
A paramedic walked in. "Is this the house of Lia Parrilla?"
He saw her nod weakly. He jumped into action and pulled her arm over his shoulder and led her outside. He helped her into the ambulance and she slipped into darkness.
She became aware of the noise around her and her eyes opened.
"Lia Parrilla. She collapsed and is having breathing complications. She is extremely underweight and her heart rate is low. She is malnourished." She heard someone say.
Lia tried to take a breath. She winced as pain shot through her chest.
The paramedic from before looked at her. "It's okay Lia. We've got you." He said as they rolled her into the hospital. Everything went black again.