She's Your Daughter

Lia laid on the ground and looked at the ceiling. "Do you realize you're going to be 18 soon?" She asked Alex.
    Alex groaned. "Don't remind me."
   "You'll be an adult." Lia said and rolled over and looked at Alex.
     "You turned 16 before I turn 18." Alex said looking at Lia.
     Lia huffed. "So? It's not at cool as being 18. Plus I haven't celebrated a birthday since I was 6."
     Alex sat up. "Why?"
    Lia shrugged. "We don't celebrate birthdays." She said softly. "We never have."
   Alex stood up and dusted her pants off. "I'll celebrate your birthday. I like birthdays."
     Lia rolled her eyes and stood up. "I'm sure you do."
   Alex smiled. "Don't argue with me on that. I'm going to celebrate for you."
    Lia nodded and stood up. She stumbled and moaned.
    Alex grabbed her arms and looked at her worried. "Lia?"
    Lia looked at Alex. "I'm okay. I don't feel well is all."
   Alex pressed a hand lightly on her forehead. "You have a fever."
    Lia straightened up. "So?"
   Alex raised her eyebrow. "Lia you're sick. How long have you felt sick?"
     "This morning I woke up sick. So what?" Lia asked.
    Alex's eyes went wide. "So what?! Lia you should have told me."
    "Why? I can take care of myself." Lia said. "I've been able to for years."
    "Well now you're with me. You have to tell me when you're sick." Alex said.
    She pulled Lia onto the couch and held her in her arms. "I want to take care of you."
     Lia pulled away. "Then take care of me after I puke my guts out." She said and ran to the bathroom.
    Alex walked after her and held her hair back. Lia finished and flushed the toilet.
    Alex wiped her mouth off with a tissue and pushed her hair back. "Feel better?"
Lia nodded and stood up. "Alex I know what to do."
Alex made a pouty face. "I know. I want to take care of you."
Lia smiled. "Fine."
Alex walked to the couch and pulled Lia onto her lap. She held her tightly and watched her drift into a quiet sleep.
Alex held her for an hour or so. She kissed her forehead and frowned. She was very warm.
Alex carefully moved Lia onto the couch and got up. She walked to the bathroom and grabbed a thermometer and took Lia's temperature. 102.3 it wasn't the highest fever but she felt she should call Lana none the less. Alex put the thermometer back and pulled out her phone. She dialed Lana's number and waited. It rang five times before someone answered. "Hello? Lana is on set right now. May I take a message?"
"Uh hello. Um ... her daughter is sick. I though that I should call. She has a decently high fever." Alex said.
"Okay. I'll let Lana know." The person said and hung up.
Alex looked at her phone.
"You see why I know how to do this?" Lia asked from the couch. "Lana is never there to answer."
Alex walked over. "That's not fair to you."
Lia shrugged. "It's life. Lana loves me but unless I'm in the hospital or dying she doesn't have to miss work."
Alex sat down and pulled Lia close. "Still. You're her daughter. She should be here to care for you when you're sick."
"Really Alex it's fine." Lia said softly.
Alex stood up. "I'm going to go pick up some medication. Will you be okay for a little while?"
Lia smirked. "Go. I'll be fine."
Alex nodded and walked outside.
She knew where she was going before she even hit the sidewalk. She walked to the set.
"Excuse me ma'am. May I help you?" A man asked Stopping her.
"I'm here for Lana Parrilla. Her daughter is sick and-"
"With all due respect a lot of people come here saying that." He said.
Alex sighed and pulled out her phone. "I'll call her. Maybe she'll answer this time."
Alex called again. It rang three times this time.
"Alex? Is Lia okay? I got the message." Lana said from the other end. Alex gave the man a look.
He raised his arms and let her enter.
Alex hug up on Lana before she answered and asked to Lana's trailer.
Lana was at the door before Alex has the chance to knock. "Is Lia alright?"
Alex crossed her arms. "She's got a fever of 102.3. And quite frankly I don't think she should be used to caring for herself."
Lana opened her mouth then shut it quickly.
"She's your daughter Lana Parrilla. Step the fuck up." Alex snapped.

Don't TellOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara