Chapter 23

Michael POV;

Cassandra and I left and midnight,and together we journeyed towards the west borders making sure we covered our tracks.
We arrived at our destination at dawn,and there we where welcomed into the little home of Jonas, he was a good friend of my father, although he never really liked my father's lifestyle.
Welcome prince Michael am so sorry about what happened and the death of your father, I want you to know you have our support please come in and have dinner with us.
I thanked him as Cassie and I sat down and eat to our satisfaction, we got to know that his wife was away. And that he prepared the meal himself.
Jonas was around my father's age, round fat and short but a very lively and smart man who earned his living by a decent work of carpentry 2 miles from my home. He live here with his wife Martha who was good in baking and together they had lived for 35yrs.
We need your help Sir.Jonas, Cassie broke the silence as she adjusted her chair and sat near Jonas
Amelia is hell bent on capturing Michael and you must have heated about the new decree she passed. We can't afford her finding him and doing whatever she wants to him. Cassie explained to Jonas.
I continued explaining by saying, all we want is for you and the other local chief appeal to her that am fine and okay she should put down the decree. I have no intention of coming after her and that I give her my word. I pose no threat to her leadership as long as she ruled my people with peace and love.
I understand you prince,but it would be better if you put it in writing and be rest assured I will make sure it reaches her Jonas assured us.
As we all agreed and did as he said. Leaving back to where we came from at night that same day.

Amelia pov:
We have news lady Amelia concerning the whereabout of Michael Two community elders want to speak directly with you, Zach informed me.
Send them in, I told him as I sat down
Few minutes later two elders walked in.
Greetings lady Amelia am Jonas Edmond and here is my friend Sir. Lancelot of Westwood. We are here with information about prince Michael.
Speak, I instructed anxious to know something about him.
Here is a letter I was given by an anonymous person to give you it contains what he wants to tell you.
Zach took the letter from him and handed it to me,I quickly opened it as I read through it:

Lady Amelia, am well aware of the fact that I am being hunted like an animal after the death of my father. If it your will to eliminate all the bloodline of that family do well to covey the message to the gentlemen before you and I will get back to them. But if it isn't then I beg of you put down the decree. I pose no threat to you and I give you my word on my mothers grave. The only thing i want is for our people to live in peace and harmony the council men are aware am alive and well there is no reason to continue this search forget about me. Forgive the sins and pains my family brought to yours and please spare my life.
Yours sincerely
Michael.
I read the letter twice different thoughts going through my head, there was no doubt the letter was from him. Typical Michael so selfless of him to think about his people before his life, desire to have him burned through me. My eyes darkened at the thought of not seeing him again. If he thought by any chance that this letter calmed me down he was so wrong having this letter and feeling him through it did numerous things to me . l scanned the room with my eyes as I saw the elders and Zach who stood looking at me and awaiting orders.

I have heared his request now you two will send back my reply to him, tell him that I want to see him personally then I will determine if he lives or dies. If he refuses to see me at sundown tommorow then i will two of the seekers children I have in my dungeon and make no mistake it will be a public display for all to see the length I will go to see him.
And if he still refuses then each day 2 heads will be killed all from his people.
Go now and convey my message the time starts now!! I angrily told them my voice sending shivers to them.
As they hurriedly left.
Was that really necessary Amelia? Zach asked once the door was shut.
I faced him my emotions still high
Yes, Zach it was important and don't doubt for one second that I won't do it. And am tired of you questioning my descion if you do that one more time you won't like the other side of me I told him. He bowed his face expressionless
As he walked out from there.