3.

Roswell sets a pair of jeans in the drawer unit in the master bedroom, it's fancier then she is used to. Simple in design, obviously set up for those that live in it to redecorate the way they want. Roswell's just happy she's going to be sleeping on a bed that was made in this decade. The Avengers were nice enough when Phil introduced them, but otherwise left her alone to get used to the facility, and to be fair, Roswell is hardly going to be the best company at the minute. Though that moment with Steve was the most normal she'd felt in days, the longest she's gone without wanting to cry in days. She blames that all American smile and those deep blue eyes. But now she is alone again and the apartment is silent. She closes her eyes and listens to the nothing. She jumps a little when her cell phone rings and then rolls her eyes at herself before moving to pick it up from the bed, she sighs seeing Dean's name flashing on the screen. She knows she was a little dramatic when she told him to leave, and she is glad that he's calling her, rather then ignoring her, she sighs and then answers it.

"Hey" she whispers tentatively.

"Roz" he greets warmly. "Bobby called" he starts. "You are okay, right?" he asks. "I don't care that you left, I'm not mad"

"I'm fine...I'm staying with Uncle Phil" she answers.

"Oh" Dean relaxes slightly. "Good..."

"He got me a research position with SHIELD so....I'm okay" she assures him.

"Are you sure?" he asks, checking.

"Yeah, I think it's just time that I stopped living in your shadow, Dean, It's time for me to...have my own life. I'm not a little girl any more, by the time you and Sam were my age...you were off hunting....none of you let me anywhere near a gun or a knife..."

"We both know that you are the weapon, Roswell" Dean argues. "You don't need a gun or a knife to cause damage"

"But you still treat me like a child....no" she stops herself. "Worse then that" she starts. "You treat me like..like I am actually the little sister you never wanted"

"That's not true" Dean argues quickly. "Ros"

"After John died...everything changed, the way you and Sam were with me.....Like I was John's burden, just this thing you lugged around....I didn't feel like your sister any more, Dean...and I know I'm not...but I have always thought of you and Sam as my brothers, to feel like you don't feel the same..."

"I'm sorry" Dean whispers. "I..didn't know that that's how you....I didn't know. Why didn't you say any thing?" he asks.

"Because I didn't want you to hate me...or to just dump me somewhere and never come back" she wipes at her cheek, removing the few tears away. "So this is good" she adds. "This time apart....I feel better about myself when I am away from you....."

"Roswell" Dean starts. "You are my sister and I love you" she nods a little.

"Yep....me too..." she hangs up and throws her phone onto the dressers before climbing onto the bed to cry, pulling a pillow closer to clutch to it.

..................

Bucky sits leaning against the wall outside of Roswell's room listening to her cry. He feels bad for her. Whatever it is that she is going through. She is going through it alone. He wishes this new him was good at the comfort thing, if he was, he'd knock on the door and do something. But he's not, so he stays where he is, just listening to her weep. And he listens to her weep until the early hours. Until she cries herself to sleep.

...................

It's two days later Bucky sees Roswell, he hears her around her apartment, listening to music, singing, crying, but she mostly keeps to herself. And for the most part Bucky leaves her be, he does his daily routine and keeps away from her apartment door. But at night when he can't sleep he sits by her door and listens. Listens till she falls silent and then he stands and does a perimeter check. The next morning, that's when she emerges from her room. She walks into the joint kitchen with her nose in a book, Tony cocks his head, sat beside Bucky with his coffee. Roswell sets her book on the side as she starts the coffee machine, to be fair compared to their start coffee machines this one is infinitely better.