9.

Bucky needs to make a note of all the bent kitchen appliances so he can get FRIDAY to replace them, given that he and Roswell had gotten bored of playing with his arm they'd moved onto whatever else they could find. Unfortunately the poor toaster and kettle got the brunt of her powers. Oddly enough her with powers does nothing to scare him. In fact it settles him a little. There was always that fear that he'd squeezes her hand too hard, or hurt her with his metal arm, but now he knows that she can stop him, she could actually stop him from hurting someone, from hurting her. He finds it makes him trust her more.

"You're incredible" Bucky tells her as she picks up the bend forks from the kitchen floor.

"What?" she asks him unbelievingly.

"You don't think so?" he asks, she shrugs a little and sets the forks on the counter top, before she unbends them with a roll of her wrist. "Mutants are amazing"

"Don't" she whispers. "I don't really like that word"

"Mutant?" he asks. "But...."

"I know why we're called it" she offers. "There's something wrong with our DNA, a mutation, but....you see the news and you see the protests, and people hurl mutant around like a slur...." she sighs and sets the forks back in their draw. "Inhumans at least get recognised as part human...." she looks to Bucky. "But they're part alien too....mutants are all human, we just evolved differently" he moves to her and takes her hands which are shaking.

"No one's going to hate you" he assures her. "Do you really think we're those sort of people?" he asks. "Look at the team....the twins...."

"I know, I just....this is how I was raised, John taught me to hide my powers, that..."

"There was something wrong with you" Bucky whispers softly.

"He didn't understand back then, no one did.....people like me, like the twins, like Skye and Cage and Jones...And the Professor and his school...it was underground, so unheard of. And John did what he thought best to protect me" Bucky nods. "I hurt him" she admits. "The first time we met....John he..." Bucky pulls her into a hug, she wraps her arms around his back. "I can hurt people" she whispers sadly, Bucky rubs her back and the pulls away to wipe the tears from her face.

"Hey, tell you what" he starts lifting her chin. "I'll stop you, if you stop me?" he asks of her, she lifts her eyes to his. "That way....you know that there'll be someone there to stop you if you ever....." she nods a little and smiles.

"Thank you" she whispers. "You're a lot nicer then everyone says" she teases a little.

"What's that supposed to mean?" he asks.

"Tony keeps warning me that you're this brooding, grumpy, ex-assassin"

"I am" Bucky agrees.

"I don't see it" she offers softly, he glances to her as she smiles as she closes the draw. "I just see someone who's been through so much pain....and is fighting to come out the other side" Bucky looks down a little.

"Sergeant Barnes" Friday states. "You told me to alert you when Captain Rogers and the team arrived back"

"Thanks, Friday" Bucky mumbles and looks to Roswell who fiddles with the metal bangle around her wrist. "Are you ready?" he asks her, she shakes her head.

"No" she answers. "Maybe we should wait until, you know, they've rested...." Bucky crosses his arms over his chest and gives her a look.

"You told me" he offers. She sighs.

"You're different" she whispers. "You're...you and they're all of them" he smirks amused a little. "Okay" she whispers and nods lifting her head a little. "You'll be there too, right?" she asks.