39.

Bucky, at this moment in time, is happy, undeniably so. Roswell is in his arms. He holds her against him, hand in hers, his other around her waist, the two of them swaying together to music, her head pressed to his shoulder. It's peaceful and perfect.

"I like this" he admits, he really does like this, holding her close to him, warm against his chest. She hums in agreement and lifts her head a little, he nudges her nose softly and then brushes his lips over hers, she sighs softly into it, her fingers clutching to his shirt. When he pulls back he looks to her softly. "You know we don't have to do anything tonight, or at all..." Bucky assures her brushing her hair back from her face, his finger grazing over her cheek. "We can call it a night, date well done?" he asks her softly.

"Was it?" she whispers. "Well done?"

"I think so" he pulls her closer, his arms wrapping around her waist. "We ate, we drank, we laughed...." she hums in agreement. "Pretty successful" he mumbles as she looks up at him slightly. "We're not going to force this on you, you know that right?" she nods, she knows that neither of them would ever hurt her. "We can do whatever you want...."

..............

Later: Roswell lays awake in Steve's bed, her body still tense from dinner, though she loved it, she loved spending time with Bucky, she is still struggling to get her head around it all. It's unconventional and she knows that's all it is. What everyone else thinks, what they will think, that's what bothers her. And not even about her. It's not about her. It's about them. The public love Steve and they're not as anti-Bucky any more. What if she ruins that. Roswell rolls over, Steve's place at her side still empty, she sighs and then rolls back to fetch her cell phone as it pings away. A text from Bucky flashes on the screen. 'Are you awake?'. She purses her lips thinking before closing her eyes and nodding.

.............

Bucky opens his bedroom door to find Roswell on the other side. She smiles softly at him brushing her hair back behind her ear. He's topless, of course he is, and his trousers are hanging low on his waist, the dark grey material suiting him in ways it shouldn't do. His hair is messy but he's attempted to tie it back. He gives her a warm smile, eyes full of adoration and she's an idiot for not having seen it before tonight, she honestly thought he just liked her as a friend. She still doubts some days that Steve loves her, she's just a mutant with a weird and screwed up past, and he's a super solider, how was she supposed to believe that two of them loved her, that two of them want her. It's crazy.

"Hey" she greets, nerves clutching at her. And it's ridiculous, she's slept in Bucky's bed before. She's slept beside him. It feels different this time.

"Hey" he offers back softly. "You wanna come in?" he asks, she nods a little and steps in when he steps aside, she takes a deep breath moving to the middle of the room, Bucky closes the door behind them and turns to her as he takes a deep breath, because he is just as nervous about this as she is. "Steve not back yet?" he asks, she shakes her head and he notes the real worry there. "Hey" he whispers moving closer to her. "He's crazy about you, he's not going any where" he assures her, his fingers touching her arm to pull her closer. "If you're that worried, we can go find him"

"I've never had something serious with anyone before" she admits. "I don't know what I'm doing" she looks down. "I'm scared he'll figure that out"

"You really think Steve knows what he's doing?" he asks her. "Before, back in the 40's, he never had the chance for anything serious, in fact the closest he came was to Peggy and even that didn't go very far" she crosses her arms over her chest and raises an eyebrow. "And after" Bucky shrugs. "He tried but they were trying to get close to him because he's Captain America, or they were utter psychos"

"What's your point here, Buck?" she asks him, he smiles softly at her.

"My point is that I've never seen him as happy as I have when he's with you, or talking about you, or thinking about you" he assures her softly. "He's different, good different, he thinks more on missions, judges risk better then ever before, he's aware that he has something to lose now, that he has someone waiting for him, depending on him returning.....He wore a parachute the other week to jump out of a plane, he's never done that before.....for you" he kisses her forehead and smiles. "He is so in love with you" he whispers warmly pulling back. "But he has no idea how to do this either, he's constantly asking the other for advice, and I've seen his search history on his computer......He's so determined to keep you" he strokes his thumb over her cheek. "This idea of his, this joint adventure" she smiles a little amused. "He's doing it because he loves you, and he wants you to be happy. He knows how well we get along, we were basically dating without the sex and kissing" she nods a little in agreement. "Kitten" he coos. "I love you" her eyes soften slightly. "And Steve loves you, and he knows that I love you, and he knows that you love me, and I know you love me" he nudges her nose with his own. "Don't over think this, we'll figure it all out as we go...." he whispers. "Just let us love you" she wraps her arms around his neck, her fingers threading into his hair. He hums a little and then lowers his lips to hers. He kisses her, his fingers splayed on her back as he pushes her back against the door. She clutches to the back of his head, tugging slightly on his hair. All of their feelings. All of those pent up frustrations just tumbling free. His hands move to her thighs and with a quick tugging they're wrapping around his waist pulling him closer to him till they're pressed together, Roswell wedged between Bucky and the door.