34.

Roswell wakes with her head on Steve's chest, she hums a little pulling herself closer to him, letting him run his fingers through her hair. She loves waking up like this, with someone beside her. With Steve at her side. His fingers stroke along her side, curling around her. He's awake too.

"Morning, honey" he offers as she lifts her head to his neck, nuzzling into him.

"Morning" she whispers into his neck, he hums back and kisses her head.

"How was the dig stuff?" he asks, she smiles.

"Exciting" she answers. "It's some really old stuff...." he smiles listening to her talk, every inch of her excitement flooding out of her. "I mean some of the things they've found are older than people even thought..." she leans up to look down at him, her smile fading slightly. "I missed you last night"

"I know" he strokes her cheek. "I'll make it up to you" she nods.

"I know you will" she leans closer and kisses him, he hums against her lips and holds her close to him. "Not with sex" she mumbles against his lips. "Plus I have to go to work" she adds seeing the time on the clock next to him. "I have to get everything ready for the shipment to come in.....Uncle Phil is talking about me going to Scotland to oversee it" she comments climbing out of bed, Steve raises an eyebrow at her.

"You want to go?" he asks, she hums.

"I haven't been back since...." she shrugs. "Since I was little..." she looks down as she picks up her robe.

"So go" he offers warmly, she lifts her eyes to his. "You want to....and this is physical old stuff"

"Hey, I get plenty 'physical old stuff'" she motions to him. "Thank you very much" she teases shooting him a look. He snorts and smirks a little.

"And I'll be here when you get back...." he leans up. "If you don't go, you'll regret it, you know you will" she nods a little and climbs onto the bed with him. He pulls her closer to him once she is in reach. She straddles his lap letting him push the blankets away from them. She runs her fingers through his hair letting him kiss her jaw, hands sneaking up the back of her shirt, well....his shirt, so he can touch the flesh of her back. She moans a little feeling him harden beneath her.

"Fine" she draws out reaching between them, he smirks and kisses her lips, letting out a moaning growl as her hand bypasses his underwear waistband to touch him. "But we have to be quick" she warns against his lips, he grabs her waist and lays her onto her back with a victorious smirk.

.............

Turns out Roswell's trip to Scotland is closer than Steve imagined and within days of her telling him about it she's all packed and ready to go. Steve and Bucky stand with her in the hanger, she smiles at them both just as Thor bounces over to her and smirks down at her.

"Are you ready?" he asks her warmly, Thor is just a giant teddy bear and Roswell adores that about him.

"What?" Steve counters a little, surprised.

"I'm going with her" Thor announces beside Roswell. "I am interested in the Norse ruins they've discovered"

"In Scotland?" Bucky asks, Roswell nods.

"Hence why they're excited about this dig" she explains. "And why me and Thor should be on hand...."

"Your knowledge of Norse history and language is impressive.....and refreshing" Thor looks down at her and smiles warmly, Steve narrows his eyes and moves to Roswell.

"Alright" he pulls her into a hug shooting Thor a glare. Bucky smirks a little. Roswell chuckles into Steve's chest. Thor smiles though, unphased.

"I shall meet you at the jet," he tells Roswell as he picks up her bag before walking away, Roswell pulls back from Steve and shoots him a look.

"Your best friend was inside me but Thor makes a comment about how smart I am and you're practically peeing on me" she teases, Bucky laughs at that.

"Yeah well...." Steve rubs the back of his neck as he starts to blush.

"Is this because you told me he has a huge penis?" She asks him, Bucky looks to Steve.

"You told her that?" he asks, Steve shrugs.

"It came up"

"It what conversation does Thor's dick come up?" Bucky asks a little louder than needed, Tony shoots them a weird look before going back to his work. "Why would you admit that to her? For all she knew yours is the biggest"

"Yours is bigger than Steve's" Roswell states, Steve makes a noise at the back of his throat as Bucky smirks turning to her, she shrugs a little. "Size isn't everything" she counters. "Steve knows what he's doing"

"And I don't?" Bucky asks her, she smirks a little and shrugs. Bucky looks to Steve who shrugs back at him. "I hate you both" he grumbles and then pulls Roswell into a quick hug before walking away. Roswell and Steve share a look. He leans closer and kisses her warmly.

"I'll call" she promises him.

"I'll answer" he teases slightly stroking her cheek. "Is this how you feel every time I leave?" he asks her quietly, she touches his chest and nods.

"Yep" she answers and he raises an eyebrow. "Have fun" she teases and then walks away from him, Steve watches her go. It's awful this feeling. An ache in his chest along with a feeling in his gut. He takes a breath and looks to Tony who raises an eyebrow at him and then smirks. 

"Wha-psh" Tony teases going back to his work, Steve glares at him and then walks away.