19.

Steve adjusts the cuff link on his suit jacket as he waits for Roswell to finish getting ready with Wanda. Bucky sits on Roswell couch, laid back, shirt and tie open, he won't do them up till the last minute. The constant feeling of being choked brings back too many bad memories.

"So where is this thing again?" Pietro asks opening a beer, Bucky frowns and then points at him looking to Steve.

"Is he old enough to drink?" Bucky asks. Steve glances to Pietro and raises an eyebrow.

"Roz, says it's fine" Pietro argues. "As long as it's in here...."

"Well..." Roswell starts at the top of the stairs. "I had my first beer when I was 14" Roswell adds walking down the stairs, her dress slinking behind her. Steve looks to her and lowers his hands, jaw dropping, eyes widening. Roswell's wearing an all black, long sleeve but off the shoulders, high-low skirted dress, her legs are out and lengthy, Steve knows how long her legs are but this dress makes them seem like they go on for days. Her hair has been left down and she's got two necklaces on, her one from Pietro and her one from Constantine, the ring she has that matches Wanda's and her bracelet from Steve.

"You never did answer my question" Pietro grumbles.

"National History Museum" Roswell answers glancing over Steve, she smiles at him. "You look great" she tells him, he laughs a little and takes her hand as she reaches him.

"Good enough to be on your arm?" he asks her, she smirks and shrugs.

"I don't know" she answers teasingly and looks to Bucky. "I think I might need two dashing super soldiers" Bucky smirks a little and stands tying his tie up around his neck.

"Are you sure us coming with you is a good idea?" Bucky asks her.

"They gave me a table" Roswell turns to him adjusting his tie slightly for him. "Told me to bring who I want, and the more publicity I get them, assume, would be a good thing" she lifts her eyes to his. "You'll be fine, eat the free food, drink the free fizz, and smile at all the pretty girls" he smiles at Roswell.

"What's the link here?" Pietro asks as Wanda joins them, wearing a long red evening gown. "How did you get an invite?" Roswell shrugs a little.

"The invite is through my mother's husband, Alex" Roswell answers. "My step-father's family was very big in the Egyptology world" she answers. "A very talented archaeologist, his father a Medjai and his mother was a reincarnated Egyptian goddess" she explains.

"Whoa, wait" Bucky starts. "What?"

"Oh a Medjai is...an ancient secret society that protects against the rise of evil in Egypt" Roswell explains.

"No, not that..." Bucky motions to her. "The...reincarnated..."

"Oh, you mean Grandma Evie" Roswell clocks on. "Yeah, it's a long story" she answers. "You can read about it, she wrote novels about it all. Fiction of course" she teases with a wink, Bucky snorts back. "Come on, Thor, Loki, you two, the twins....but, oh, no, Egyptian gods are too much?" she teases. Steve chuckles and shoots Bucky a look, Bucky snorts.

"What else you seen?" Steve asks looking to her, Roswell pauses slightly and shrugs.

"Things you wouldn't believe" she answers glancing to him, a twinkle in her eye, but something else too, fear maybe. "Right, is that everyone?" she asks looking around making sure everyone is dressed.

.........................

Steve keeps his hand on Roswell's knee in the car, a proper limo had been sent by the museum, Pietro is busy playing with buttons whilst Wanda tries to stop him, Bucky snorts amused watching them before glancing to Steve and Roswell, Roswell sips from a glass of champagne as Steve squeezes her knee, those legs, Bucky can't help but glance to them. Steve watches Bucky subtly, watching his best friend check out his girlfriend. Bucky swallows a little and looks away, clenching his human fist on his knee. Steve watches him a moment, he had no idea his relationship with Roswell was effecting Bucky this much.