54.

Bucky wakes to a part empty bed, Steve sleeps soundly on his back but a certain redhead is missing from between them. Bucky takes a breath and looks around the hotel room and finds her standing at the window with a blanket around her to keep her modesty covered. Bucky leans up onto his elbows.

"Roswell?" he asks, she glances at him and then back out the window.

"I forgot how beautiful it can be in the city" she admits quietly. Bucky shuffles out of bed and moves towards her. He touches the small of her back and nuzzles into her cheek before pulling back.

"You okay?" he whispers to her, she nods.

"Yeah, I just couldn't sleep" she leans back against his chest as he wraps his arms around her, presses his lips to her head and takes a breath in. She smells like him and Steve, and her, it's something so distinctively them, and their relationship. He nudges her head and takes a deep breath.

"You know, Steve was right, if you decide that this will be too hard, then we will still be your friends" she closes her eyes and strokes her fingers along his arm around her waist. "We just want you to be happy"

"I am" she counters, tilting her head slightly to look at him. "Or I was....before all of this" he brushes her hair back and nods. He knows that everything that's happened with the other Avengers finding out the way they did, and reacting the way they did, not all of them, but enough of them reacted negatively. Jumped to conclusions. Saw the worst in her, despite how kind she had been to them, how happy she made Steve, how related she is to Wanda and Pietro, they chose to see the worst in her. Bucky is pretty sure that they kind of broke Roswell's heart a little. Her friends treating her that way. And she's still so young. Still so fresh and maybe they were her first real friends and they turned on her. Bucky's heart broke a little seeing the way they treated her.

"Come back to bed" he whispers warmly to her. "Steve'll wake up if it's cold for too long" she nods and lets him lead her back to bed with him.

................

Steve pulls his jacket on as he and Bucky wait for Roswell to leave the bathroom. They still need to talk about what happens next, whilst hiding away in the hotel was a good thing for them, even just for a night, a night for just them, if it is the end, at least they got to touch and kiss and make love to Roswell one last time. Roswell leaves the bathroom and pulls her hair back into a ponytail. She glances at Steve who gives her a small smile, she smiles back at him.

"You coming home with us?" Steve asks her, she pulls her scarf around her neck and then moves towards him, he gives her a soft smile, but she can see the real worry in his eyes, he wants this to work so bad, he wants the three of them to have their happily ever after so much. They deserve it. After everything Steve and Bucky have been through, they get this, they get the beautiful, perfect girlfriend, and the happiness and the domesticity. Roswell touches his chest and lets out a breath.

"Yeah" she answers and nods. "Let's go home" he cups her cheeks and smiles wider down at her.

"Sure?" he asks her trying, and failing, to hide his pleasure at that statement. She nods and then shrugs.

"I know it's going to take time, that it's not going to be all rainbows and puppies, but I want to give us all a go" Bucky moves closer to them. "I love you, both of you, and I don't want to lose you" she lifts her eyes to meet Steve's. "I am sorry this has been so difficult" Steve shakes his head.

"You're worth it" he promises her before he leans closer and kisses her, his arm wrapping around her back to yank her closer to him, she chuckles against his lips and he smiles. This is just what he wanted. She and him and Bucky together. Happy. Steve motions for Bucky to join them both, Bucky's arm snaking around Roswell's middle beneath Steve's and he rests his forehead on her shoulder. "You both are" Steve adds placing a hand on Bucky's shoulder.

..................

Bucky drives, letting Steve and Roswell snuggle in the back of her jeep. Roswell didn't really want to sit by herself for the ride back, and having Steve at her side makes her happier about the choice she made. She knows both of these men will make her happy. Deep in her soul happy. And she loves them. She really does. More than she has loved anyone ever in her life. She knows she made the right choice but there are a number of factors that she is worried about. She takes a breath.

"What about everyone else?" Roswell asks as Steve nuzzles into her neck.

"You don't have to talk to them" Bucky answers. "You don't have to even be in the same room as them if you don't want to. And after what Wanda did..."

"Family is everything" she counters. "And I have forgiven my brothers for worse" Steve raises an eyebrow at her. "We have a lot to go through with the whole supernatural thing" she explains. "We still haven't told the others about it....and I am sure you both still have questions"

"You don't seem all that excited to talk about it" Bucky points out, she hums and nods.

"I am interested in the whole thing, the supernatural thing, that makes me happy....but I like the theory...the books, the lore, the.....stuff that's safe" Steve brushes his fingers through her hair. "But the real hunting, the...." she shakes her head. "Things happen" she offers. "People die" she fiddles with the bracelet around her wrist.

"You've felt this" Steve realizes. "Someone close?" She nods.

"Sam...and John" she admits. "John was killed by the same demon that killed Sam and Dean's mother, that's a whole story in itself. And Sam...Sam...he, how to say this, gave himself to Lucifer, the devil, and an archangel, who took over his body intending on starting the apocalypse and destroying the world, but there was a plan, to open a portal and dumped Lucifer and his brother Michael into a cage in hell, unfortunately, Lucifer was inside of Sam, and Michael was inside of Adam"

"Adam?" Bucky asks.

"Urm...John's other kid"

"Constantine?" Steve counters.

"Winchester" she corrects. "He had another kid...It was meant to be Dean that Michael would possess but he said no way in hell, so Michael took Adam instead"

"So Sam, Adam, Lucifer, and Michael are in hell?" Steve asks her slowly.

"Yes," She answers.

"Isn't there a way to get them out?" Steve counters. "Adam and Sam, not so much the other two"

"Sam made us promise not to look" she whispers as Steve brushes his fingers over her thigh. "But I searched a few books, nights when I couldn't sleep, I couldn't find anything" Steve and Bucky share a look in the rearview mirror.

"We can talk about this later" Bucky assures her. "When everything has settled down, okay?" she nods and leans into Steve's side, he kisses her head and pulls her closer to him.

A/N - AFTER THIS CHAPTER I AM ONLY PLANNING ON THEIR BEING 3 MORE CHAPTERS, PLUS AN EPILOGUE TO GIVE A FLASH INTO THEIR FUTURE. I HAVE A FEW THINGS PLANNED FOR THEM. INITIALLY, IT WAS GOING TO BE LONGER WITH A LOT OF ANGST, BUT I AM SAVING THOSE IDEAS FOR ANOTHER STORY AS I LIKE HOW THIS HAS PLAYED OUT WITHOUT TOO MUCH ANGST.