31.

Roswell is warm when she wakes, between the sun streaming in through the windows and the warmth against her body. She hums and reaches out a hand beside her, her fingers finding the empty side of the bed. Her eyes open to find that Bucky has indeed gone. She's not sure what to make of the hurt in her heart that he left without saying anything. Steve's hand touches her waist and she turns to him finding him awake at her side.

"You okay?" he asks her, she nods.

"Yeah, just...I don't know" he lifts her chin softly.

"He left before I woke up too," he tells her, she blushes slightly having been caught out, he leans closer and kisses her, she hums against his lips and reaches up to wrap her arm around his neck. Steve's hand moves to her waist, curling around her back.

"Thank you," she tells him warmly. He smiles and nudges her nose.

"You are very welcome" he whispers back.

"You have to top it next year" she pokes his nose and then climbs out of bed, Steve chuckles sitting up.

"Maybe I'll invite Thor" she turns to him, eyes widening. "I'm joking" Steve assures her, she turns to head to the bathroom, Steve smirks. "I've seen him naked, and you would not be able to take him" she turns back to him, Steve bursts into laughter, she shakes her head and rolls her eyes fondly.

"You just go around looking at your teammates in the nude?" she asks him. "Should I be concerned?"

"Thor's proud, and rightly so, he doesn't always dress after training or missions" Steve answers. "Tony might have actually wept when he got an eye full"

"No, he didn't" she scolds with a smile moving back to him, Steve nods.

"He did" he grabs her waist as she climbs back onto the bed. She raises an eyebrow.

"It cannot be that big" she mumbles.

"Honey, he is the god of fertility" Steve reminds her. "Let's just say that me and Bucky, at the same time....walk in the park" she pushes at his shoulder and shakes her head. They share a look, his smile falling slightly. "We're okay, aren't we?" he asks her, she cocks her head.

"Why wouldn't we be?" she asks him, he shrugs a little. "I love you" she assures him. "And we had fun, why should that change anything?"

"Just worried" he admits. She kisses his nose and smiles.

"We're alright" she assures him. "I need a shower" she adds pulling away, he takes her hand and squeezes softly before letting her go. She pauses in the doorway and looks back at him. "Join me?" she asks him, he smiles and nods climbing out of bed to join her.

................

Steve pulls on his mask as he stands beside Roswell, she sighs a little. This is the first time she'll be staying at the facility alone because Bucky is going with them too. She's not sure how to feel about this. She's gotten so used to Bucky being here with her when they're away.

"So I'm going to be here....alone?" Roswell asks, Steve takes her face in his hand and then kisses her forehead.

"You'll be fine" he whispers pulling back. "It's only for a couple of hours" she pouts up at him. "You know" he presses his thumbs to her cheeks a little and smirks. "If you joined us, you would be coming with us"

"But that sounds like so much effort" she mumbles with her own smirk. "And I'm not a hero" she whispers, he looks to her softly.

"Then you have to stay here...." he adds, she puckers her lips and he smiles leaning down to kiss her softly.