12.

Roswell is not a fan of Halloween for the obvious reasons, she pretty much hates it, and all she plans to do is binge watch Jeopardy eating candy and drinking whiskey. That is her plan. Only that plan is ruined by a certain super soldier. Steve. She's just finished work, which over ran because of the new shipping of Chinese artefacts and all she wants to do is sleep, that's what she likes about working, her insomnia has never been as elusive as it has since she started working. Her mind is busy. Her body is busy. And she sleeps, not through the night, not for more then 5 hours, but she sleeps, before she could go days, just sitting up and reading or watching tv. But today she actually also wants to spend time with Steve. He hasn't, and neither has she, brought up the whole training thing, she doesn't want to push it, and he is still thinking about it, he needs to go over everything, he wants to make sure she is safe, but that both involves her training and not training. Two sides of a coin. But he'll think more about it after Halloween, he likes Halloween. He moves to her fridge and smiles. Roswell has yet to go to one of Tony's parties, and Steve wants to be the one to invite her.

"Tony throws a party every year for Halloween" Steve tells her grabbing a beer from Roswell's fridge. "I figured we could....go...together" he avoids looking at her. "As....dates" he manages to get out.

"Steve" she starts intending to tell him she doesn't do Halloween but that look on his face has her rethinking. He's excited and nervous and blushing. Some days he can be as confident as they come. He'll find her in her office just to give her a kiss before leaving again. Or whilst they watch tv with Bucky Steve will keep her close to him. But this man, the one asking her out is a nervous, blundering man, soft and sweet. "I would love to" she finds herself telling him, he smiles and looks to her. "But I'm not conforming to matching costumes" he laughs and nods.

"Deal" he agrees and moves to her.

"Do you have a costume?" she asks him as he sits at her side.

"I'll just wear last years" Steve answers. "Bucky will take some convincing" he admits, Roswell smirks.

"Yeah, I bet" she teases a little and then yawns leaning against him. "He doesn't seem like a fancy dress sort of person" she offers, Steve nods.

"No, I suppose it comes from all the different uniforms" he explains. "I think he just wants to be himself now...he won't even look at the Winter Solider suit" Steve looks to Roswell who now sleeps against his side, he knows she was busy at work all day so he's not upset. He brushes her hair back and then stands setting his beer on the coffee table before turning back and lifting Roswell up, she groans a little and curls into his chest. He carries her up to her bedroom.

.................

"Steve said you don't like Halloween" Roswell tells Bucky as she sits next to him setting her legs over his, he touches her knee.

"Not so much the holiday" he corrects. "The costume side.." he admits. "I don't see the point"

"For fun" she offers with a smirk, he shrugs. "If I have to wear a costume....so do you" she warns, he smiles a little and nudges her, she leans against his flesh arm.

"I suppose as long as it's not....terrible" he warns, she nods.

"I can get on board with that" she agrees, they share a smile and he nods wrapping his arm around her shoulders. "What are we watching?" she asks him pulling her legs up onto the couch.

"Magnificent Seven" he answers as the movie starts to play. It's something they've found they both enjoy, the Westerns, usually Sam would join them but he's off testing the adjustments to his wing pack.

.....................

Roswell moves to her phone as it rings whilst adjusting the last of her Halloween costume.