2. Inconvenience

I slowly opened the bedroom door, hoping not to wake up Sierra. But I was surprised to see she was still up with a book in her hand.

"You really didn't have to stay up for me." I said crawling onto to the bed and laying by her side. I grabbed one of her hand and intertwined it with mine. I know its only been a few hours apart but I really do miss her during the day. The only time I really have for her is night and we're both extremely tired then. Not to mention, Sierra is pregnant so it's my duty to fulfill her every need and let me tell you, the duties that comes with pregnancy isn't easy. There are times where she'd have contractions and I would have to get up and walk in circles repeatedly with her in the kitchen while holding her hand for support. Don't get me started on cravings, we cook every meal twice in our household because we're not only feeding two but three people.

"I just feel safer when you're here. Not fun, when I have to stay here all day alone you know." She said.

"I'm sorry, work really have been beating me whole," I sighed. "I promise I'll cut off less hours next week just for you." I kissed her hand and a huge grin appeared on her face.

"You don't have to do that. We can use the long hours anyways. The baby needs it." She rubbed her stomach in circular motion. "I really can't wait."

"Me too. We still need to get on with the name picking" I reminded her. We told ourselves we would brainstorm on baby names but it's difficult coming up with unique names for baby girls and Sierra is really picky when it comes to these sorts of stuff. Every name I suggest is either too long or too basic.

She groaned, "please don't remind me, I've been thinking this entire day and I just-" she was suddenly interrupted by the sound of a hard object dropping on the ground. The sound was coming from downstairs.

"What was that?" Sierra sat up from the bed. I stopped her before she got up to walk out the door.

"It's probably the dog knocking down stuff. We'll find out tomorrow. Right now we need sleep."

"It sounded loud though."

"You worry too much," I pulled her back next to me. The one I'm hoping she won't make me do is go back downstairs, to probably find nothing and then waste energy to go upstairs again. Luckily she brushed it off and leaned in closer to me until she was under my arms again.

The next morning, I woke up a little later than usual. The alarm to my phone usually goes off every 10 minutes but today it was on vibration. The sunlight shining through the window blinded my eyes. "Fuck," I cursed to myself knowing there was another long day of work ahead.

"Michael!" I heard Sierra calling from downstairs, that was my signal to get up and get ready. I dragged my body out of bed and proceeded to the bathroom. One look at the mirror is all it took to make me feel like complete shit. I looked like complete shit. I stared at dark bags under my eyes, "why do you do this to yourself Michael," I heard my subconscious say. I splash some water in my face and begin to brush my teeth. After a quick shower, I laid out my work clothes on the bed.

Once I was dressed, I went downstairs for breakfast. Sierra stood by the kitchen stove, whipping up the usual, eggs and grits. I walked up to her and gave her a kiss on the cheek. "Good morning love," I said in a playful seductive voice.

"You were supposed to wake up 5 minutes ago," she responded with an eye roll.

"A good morning back would've been nice" I took a seat at the dinning table. My coffee mug and a coffee plate of eggs were already sitting prompt ready for me. I noticed there was an extra plate sitting across from the table. It was probably reserved for Veronica. I've never met anyone who would still be sleeping around this time. It's past 11:00 am. She must've been really exhausted from last night.