8. Lady in Red

The guest came flooding in as Sierra and I welcomed and greeted various of people by the door. I didn't know a single recognizable face in the room except for two or four people. Most of them were friends or family members of Sierra's. I'm usually not the one that's great with parties or socializing in general. The best I can do is just smile like the idiot I am and compliment my wife by standing by her side while she introduces me to her friends I really don't care about.

I gotta say, pulling this off the last minute might've just been the smartest thing we've done and managed through. Our house looked incredible. Everything was well put together. The food section was a success. The mini bar set up by the hired bartender looks to be the number one attraction. The grand piano in the center of our dim yet candle lit living room area was the best thing I've ever taught of. And let's not forget Sierra's wonderful interior designing and decor around the house, gold and velvet red is nicest color combination I have seen.

"Oh my god! You guys did a wonderful job." A woman with short blonde hair and a bright tan came squealing at us with a glass of wine in her hand. I didn't know who she was but something told me Sierra did, by the way her eyes were lit up with excitement and her hands were gripped on the person's arms.

"Jenna I haven't seen you since college!" She hugged her tightly. I placed on my usual fake smile that I would portray around others when I had no clue what the fuck was going on.

"Michael, this is Jenna. Jenna this is Michael." She introduced me out of nowhere. I politely smiled at Jenna while sticking out my hand for her to shake. "Jenna used to be my dorm mate back in college"

"It's very nice to meet you," I said going in for a handshake as she shook it firmly.

"You've scored a good one Sierra. He's so handsome." She eyed Sierra with a smile. "How long has it been for you two."

"9 years." Both Sierra and I said simultaneously. Being our usual cheesy self we smiled at each other proudly.

"I'm so lucky. Honestly I really can't imagine spending that many years with anyone else." She said looking up at me. She's so cute when she admires me in front of others, as if I'm the only person standing in the room with her.

"I love you." I kissed the back of her hand.

"You two are lovely and congratulations with your marriage as well as the baby." Jenna said rubbing Sierra's pregnant belly before taking off.

People continued to walk up to us to congratulate us individually. It felt good hearing the nice compliments from them all but I was a bit exhausted on how much I had to reintroduce myself and learn everyone's names especially when more than one person would come up to me.

"What's wrong?" Sierra said a bit worried. I guess she can tell how done I was with all of this already.

"Nothing. I just didn't expect this many people to show up. You didn't tell me you had this many friends."

"Because you hate my friends and don't want to hear about them or meet them," she said reading my thoughts clearly.

"I never said that..." I falsely denied. She nodded her head in response and rolled her eyes.

"Could you get me something to eat please? I'm really hungry." She asked politely. "And it seems like you could really use a drink too."

"I'll be back in a few" I pecked her on the cheek and left her in place before walking off to the food section where half of the meals that was displayed were almost gone. The spicy shrimp spaghetti was what most people went for, and I felt kind of relieved that people actually enjoyed it, if only they knew the struggle that came from it.