6. Temptation

I closed my eyes and moaned as the taste hit my tongue. I licked the spoon slowly before she took it back out of my mouth again. It was something I couldn't describe but it was amazing, most likely the best sauce I've ever tasted in my life. It was interesting to me that she knew how to cook this well. She's like on the next level, I'd hate to say it but she might just be better than Sierra a bit.

"It seems like you like it," she smiled at me as she finished cleaned the mess from the kitchen counter.

"How'd you learn how to do that. It's amazing." I said a bit overly excited.

"My parents taught me a thing or two." She shrugged. This was the first time that she's ever mentioned her family around me. I didn't want to push it by asking any follow up questions that might make her uncomfortable or quiet around me. I actually liked this side of her. She's not acting weird or giving out awkward silences. She's communicating as if we've been friends for a while now. I don't have too many friends within my circle nor do I get to talk about normal and not work related things around anyone either. It's been a while since I had someone hang out with me like this, it feels good.

"It's a wrap. I should get going I don't want to take too much time off your hands." She said pulling out her phone and taking out her car keys.

"No, you can stay!" I found myself saying too quickly. "I mean if you like..." I then corrected myself. "I have like thirty or forty minutes to spare anyways. I have drinks if you'd like." I tried to convince her. She stood in place taking a second to think. She soon nodded in response placing her car keys back into her pockets.

"I am craving a little bit of white wine." She said taking a step closer.

"You're in luck." I smirked at her.

**

"I think Harry Potter isn't that interesting." I said pouring myself what seems like my hundredth cup. Veronica stuck her hand out in front me, wanting more as well. I don't know how we escalated from attempting to build a crib to laying on the living room floor discussing nonsense such like unpopular opinions. We could hardly move if we tried. Is it pathetic to be drinking in the middle of the day like this?

"How could you not like Harry Potter, it's like one of the best series ever in cinematic history" she said slurring her words and swinging her glass from left to right.

I chuckled, "It's debatable...it's your turn. What's your unpopular opinion." I said facing her.

She shrugged, "there's way too many things I hate in the world," she laughed.

"And Harry Potter couldn't be one of them?" I joked.

She playfully hit my arm, "Shut up you just have no taste."

She reached over to grab the bottle which was only a liter away from being empty. I stopped her hand before she could pour herself the remaining wine. I knew if she didn't stop now she'll most likely end up knocked out or too intoxicated to function properly. It's already bad enough she might not even be able to drive back home normally after this. I didn't want to be responsible for any drunk attics she decides to make later on.

"Alright, I think that's enough for the day." I finally forced myself up from the ground. I grabbed the the bottle and glasses that was scattered on the floor.

Veronica sighed loudly, "I hate smelling like wine."

"Should've never drank that much." I laughed in response.

"Do you mind if I wash down myself a little before heading out?" She asked.

"Yeah sure of course." I nodded. Momentarily, I led her upstairs to bathroom located inside our bedroom. It was the only bathroom in the house that actually had a shower and nice enough for others to use.