9. Do You Wanna Get Out of Here?

(warning: shit gets sexual)

Veronica's POV:

"I'm leaving.." Andy said angrily with a cigarette in his hand. He looked furious as always. His anger jumps out at the most random times and it's annoying when I have to deal with it in public. It would've been better for the both of us if he just stayed back home instead of having a 24 hour surveillance on me. He doesn't trust me and I don't expect him to. But what damage would I do at a place like this. It's no point for him to worry so much. I'm perfectly fine.

"The door is right up front." I said to him without looking up. I poured myself another glass of scotch and popped an olive into my mouth.

"What you're doing is fucked up and you know it Veronica." He hissed and gripped my arm tightly.

"I'm not doing anything!" I argued back and pulled my arm away. "I'm sick and tired of you always yelling at me, just leave!"

"This isn't your crowd of people and not everything has to go things your way." He continued to shout at me. "The man is married for gods sake!"

"Leave...." I said calmly with my eyes closed.

"Fine, don't expect me to clean your shit up later on." He pushed past me and walked his way towards the door. It took every energy left in me not to yell at the top of my lungs right now. There's no one that makes my blood boil worse than him. He talks like he owns me, like he knows what's good for me. He doesn't know a thing about me just like half of the people I've come across. Nobody knows what's good for me except me.

I slammed my glass on the table and poured myself another and swiftly gulped it down. Just when I went for another round, my eyes trailed upon the backdoor that led to beautiful lights of the backyard patio. From the distance I could see the hill side views of the city and it was somewhat calming to me during this exact moment. I decided to go out there for a few minutes to calm my nerves.

I took the bottle with me in my hand and stepped out to the scenery. While doing so, I spotted the one person I was hoping to run into alone all night, Michael. Here we are once more, love.

Michael's POV:

I finally reached my end point towards this whole night and I knew it'll be hours until Sierra gets tired of it as well. So I decided to leave her at the scene and enjoy herself with the family and friends that primarily came to see her only. I excused myself to the backyard where I knew I'd be alone for a while and I grabbed a bottle of liquor on my way out. It's the least I deserved.

I was enjoying the peace of my own presence, drinking while looking at the night sky until I heard the sound of heels clicking against the floor behind me.

"The party is inside you know," I heard the person say. When I turned around I saw Veronica standing there and nobody stood next to her. Great the weird brother of hers finally left.

"I needed a break," I laughed.

She sighed, "so did I...can I join you?"

My initial thought was no but my head nodded in response before my words did. She took a seat next on the concrete stairs. I noticed she had a full bottle in her hand as well. It seemed like I wasn't the only person who had a long night.

"You're going to drink all of that?" I said to her.

She shrugged, "if I can beat you to it." She joked.

"Where's your brother?" I said curious to know why he left the place without her.

"Half brother." She corrected me, "He left. He wasn't a people's person anyways." She said staring off into the distance blankly.