21. Greater Damage

Veronica's POV:

I watched the blood travel down my body and into the drain of the shower. I stood there letting the steamy hot water wash over me and cleanse me thoroughly. After what seemed like half an hour of complete meditation in the bathroom, I stepped out preparing myself to get some rest. Before I can do so, I remembered that I left my bloodstained clothes laying on the floor of my bedroom. I was careless enough not to place it in the washer on my way into the house. I've also recalled few traces of blood my feet dragged along, that stained the room's carpet and tiles of the bathroom. It would take me another hour to remove the blood from the floors completely, so I might as well save myself the energy and start on it early in the morning.

I placed on my robe and grabbed the clothes from the floor. I threw them into the laundry bin alongside with the wig I've had on all night that made my scalp unbelievably itchy. It's been a long night and my eyes were demanding to be shut but my mind however, couldn't help think about a particular person that's always drowning in my thoughts. Whom I haven't been paying attention to lately...

I walked over to my desk that was displayed a few inches away from my bed. A particular area that I personally would consider a place of sanctuary. A place where I'm not disturbed and feel the most of power. I sat in my rolling chair and slowly pulled myself closer to the wide monitors that were displayed in symmetrical rows. Six in which staring right back at me, with surveillance keeping track of every move of him. I've been neglecting him lately, it's been a day or two where I kept my eyes off of him and I was curious to know what he was up to now...

I was hesitant to click on the feeds because a part of me knew if I spent this entire night looking over at him, there would be no end to it.

Fuck it.

I clicked on the live feed of each camera that was hidden in every corner of the house. Placing those cameras inside his house is probably the smartest thing I've ever thought of. My feet were getting tired of chasing and lurking after him 24/7, plus this is way more convenient and efficient and a little bit pricey but I can keep my eye on him, whenever I wanted without having to move a single muscle. And that's all that mattered.

"Now where are you Michael..." I carefully looked at each surveillance screen. The whole downstairs area of the house was empty. I clicked on the bathroom's camera feed hoping he'd be in there cooling off with a quick shower like he usually does when I watch him.

I checked the last camera and it was the bedroom. He finally made an appearance on the feed but I wasn't too happy at what I was looking at. My hands tensed against the desk, as I watched carefully at him hovering on top of her. His hands roaming every inch of her body and his lips making slow movements on her lips. It made me frustrated just thinking about how lucky she was to experience this kind of affection from him anytime she wanted. While I fantasize everyday being in the same position, thinking about getting that same touch from him anytime I wanted. She has it so easy and she doesn't even realize it. Having a man to respect you, love you, and cherish you like that is rare. One can only dream to spend the rest of your life with a person so remarkable.

Honestly, what does he see in her? Bitch.

I clenched my jaw growing more impatient with them pounding on top of each other. It would be pointless just to watch them have sex all night. I sighed ready to switch the screens off but just when I was about to do it, they suddenly stopped what they were doing as if my thoughts were loud enough for them to hear.

Sierra mouth moved with a worried look on her face. I couldn't pick up sounds but her facial expressions were clear to understand. She then looked directly at the camera in the room. I furrowed my eyebrows curious to know how fast she could spot something so small. What surprised me the most was her direct stare that seemed targeted at me as if she knew exactly what I was doing. It was minutes after she made Michael aware of the camera too. His confusion matched hers as he slowly got off the bed and walked over to the direction of the camera.