16. She's not crazy, You are!

I arrived to the police station with the papers in my hands. Once I parked the car, I bolted through the doors and directly showed myself to the check in desk. The same lady I've seen the first time I've come here was sitting there. The last time, she gave me an attitude refusing to assist me. I don't know what's with police officers and hostile attitude and useless help but I'm at my last nerves and I have no time to sit around and let someone else waste my time.

"It's you again.." she said in a monotone and rolled her eyes. "What do you need this time?"

"Listen. I'm sick and tired of being mistreated around here while I have a real problem on my hands." I said impatiently. "I need to speak with the same office as before." I told her gripping to the papers in my hands tightly. "And tell him it's urgent."

"I'm afraid he's on his break." She said paying to the computer screen in front of her rather than me.

"Fine, give me access to the chief of this fucked up department so I can tell him the half ass job that's being run around here." I raised my voice. She looked up at me angrily.

"Sir, yelling isn't going to solve nor give you a fast service. So I would like for you to sit down and wait till you're helped like everyone else." She raised her voice even higher.

"You know what, fuck you! I've-"

"Michael.." I was interrupted midway. I turned around to see the officer I was demanding for standing behind me with a coffee in his hand. Feeling embarrassed, I collected myself and calmed my nerves. Soon enough I apologized to the lady for my sudden outburst even though she deserved it.

Mr. Lance, was written on his name tag and badge and I addressed him as so. The last time we talked, I've told him about my recent situation with Veronica, leaving the small details out regarding the affair. But I have told him the constant cellphone calls, the harassment and the assumption of the food poisoning that happened to Sierra a few days back. He didn't really make a big deal out of it and didn't see a harm within the situation. The least he told me was to keep my distance away from her and the police will handle the situation instead. He also told me to block her number, which I have but clearly none of those things helped at all because she popped up back into my house again. The complaint letter he made me sign was for nothing and right now I feel like this situation isn't being taken seriously and quite frankly I'm angry.

"You showed up again. But more hostile this time." He said taking a sip of the coffee.

"Well I'm back with the same situation but this time I'm hoping something will be done about it since you failed to do your job the first time." I spat. I presented the papers to him, slapping it on his hand.

He looked down at it and raised an eyebrow, "what's this?"

"The situation just got bigger. Maybe we can take this to your office." I insisted. He let out a sigh and led me down to the hallway.

He closed the door behind us and told me to take a seat. I sat down on the only chair that was in front of his desk. He set the papers down and rolled up his sleeves, preparing to get his clipboard and pen out.

"I thought I told you to rest this thing out." He said taking a seat in front of me.

"She showed up to my house again. She keeps harassing me and I don't know how much more I can take." I spoke.

"Michael..you seem like an honest guy. But I don't want my time wasted as much as you do." He said folding his hands. He looked at me steadily. "We visited this woman at her house with your complaint. My partner and I had a brief conversation with her, she was nice and well spoken. She wasn't out of her head at all and didn't seem harmful."