31. You're fired

Veronica's POV:

I knocked on the door lightly before I was instructed to come in. I greeted her with a welcoming smile, enough to soften her up before making my claim to her. "I have something very concerning to discuss with you," I tell her while making my way in to sit down. The one thing I've noticed when I've first met the manager of this organization is she was tough. There's no doubt she had a barrier and a wall built around her so nothing could phase her one bit. I've also noticed she had a thing for empowerment, as she looked like the woman that would be an advocate for fair power, equal rights and respect. If you ask me, I think she's the excellent candidate to run this company, and the right person to take away Michael's job.

"Is everything alright?" She said looking up from her work station and giving me her full attention. "How are you finding your first weeks here?"

"It's great. I'm honestly grateful you've given me this position, I know there have must been many other qualified applicants and I'm lucky enough to step foot in an organization like this," I said. She smiled as she listened to my words of appreciation.

"I'm glad to hear that. How has your training been going? I'm sure you and Michael have been cooperating during the process."

I sat there in silence for a second, making sure she observed my sudden mood change. "That's what I wanted to speak to you about."

"Is there a problem with the training?" She looked at me confused.

"There's a problem with Michael. He never started the training and he's been harassing me ever since I've stepped foot into this building."

She looked flustered at my response. "Michael? He's the best employee we have in this department. How has he harassed you in a way?"

"I don't know if you know this but Michael and I had a past. As much as I respect him, he has an issue with boundaries. He's made a move on me a while ago but knowing he was married I would never give into his needs," I kept a straight face. "He was a married man of course. I've recently found out his wife divorced him and he thinks there's still an opportunity for him to be with me."

She chuckled out of nowhere, "Woah! Hold on. This doesn't sound like the Michael I know one bit. He's a well respected guy even towards women. I've worked with him closely for years, I would've recognized his inappropriate misbehaviors."

"With all due respect, the way he acts here is entirely different from the person he is outside of work. I'm telling you this because he won't leave me alone. Before coming to this job, you've specifically said it's an environment that guarantees safety and comfort. I don't feel safe nor comfortable around Michael."

"What has he done specifically that makes you uncomfortable?"

I shifted around in my seat, "Well...."

Michael's POV:

I start making various of calls during my office hours. There isn't hardly any work needed to be done considering the fact, most of the tasks I need to do here is either already done the day before or is expected to be done at the end of the week.

My first call was made to the bank I'm currently under, the same bank where I kept most of my funds including the emergency funds that Sierra and I were currently withholding. Also the same funds Veronica has been stealing from us these past weeks. I was put on hold for nearly ten minutes, I hated talking to any customer service representative. They're always slow with their service, even when you request an emergency.

Once I got a hold of a representative, I asked for a clear detail of my bank summary, making sure if she still had access to my account or not. They've informed me that I had to confirm my identity by giving the changed security code I've recently placed in. After I told them multiple times I have no idea what code they were talking about and there's been a form of identity theft being dealt with, they insisted to personally come down to the bank and have this conversation all over again with the same useless representative. I knew if I didn't cancel the card now, Veronica would drain me out of my money fast. So I have no other choice but to go down there. The only problem with canceling with the card is, half of Sierra's money is also in the account. I can't cancel it without getting a word from her too.