22. The Truth

"Hi, I'm here to see Lance." I approached the front desk. There was a different receptionist seated than the last one I've seen. In fact, the whole department was busier than usual. People were rushing back and forth with files, the sound of phones ringing filled the air as well as yelling and demands from passing by officers.

"Here's currently busy right now, I can send in a message" the lady spoke barely making eye contact as she focused on the typing of her keyboard.

"Can you just call him up he knows who I am. I've spoken to him before about a situation. Tell him it's urgent this time," I responded. She dragged her eyes up to take look at me and her eyes always fixed on Sierra who stood behind me, clutching onto my hand tightly. It was obvious the vibe and whole environment at this police station was making her uncomfortable. I don't even know why she dragged us over here, it's not like this police department is any help at all. Just a waste of time.

"He's in the interrogation room and I can't-"

"Please just call him and tell him I have my wife with me this time."

She sighed and picked up the phone that was right next to her. She dialed some numbers before holding the phone to her ears. We waited patiently for to give us a response back. While I stood there, I spotted someone sitting across from the front desk. His left hand was handcuffed to the chair he was sitting on. It was him. Andy. Why is he here? He looked up, catching me staring at him. He raised his eyebrows and an immediate change of mood displayed on his face. He looked frustrated. It was seconds after he jumped from his seat, tempting to launch at me.

"You son of a bitch!" He yelled keeping his raging eyes on me. I was confused to why he was angry out of nowhere.

"Is that Veronica's brother?" Sierra said noticing him as well. He dragged his seat that still had the handcuffs on it.

"You told her! You did this to me!" He continued to yell at me. His rage was suddenly put to a stop when two officers quickly tacked him and pinned him down, creating a far distance between me and him. Everyone's eyes fixed on me, creating mumbles and whispers. Sierra pulled on my hand.

"What was that about?" She said looking confused too.

I shrugged, "I don't know..."

"What's all this commotion about?" The officer we've requested came out of his own office, probably disturb about the loud rage that just happened. "Hey handcuff him! and take him to a separate room." He ordered the other two officers that was holding him down.

They did as they were told. Afterwards, the officer face dropped into an annoyed expression when he saw me. He rolled his eyes, "You're back again. wait let me guess, the situation is worse than before?"

"Hi I don't think we've met I'm Sierra" she extended out her hand for him to shake.

"Oh you brought your wife this time...great let's get comfy in my office." He led us down the hall and assured us to his office. The last time I stepped in here it was more neat and dull but right now it was clustered with papers and files.

"Sorry for the mess I wasn't expecting...company," he smiled sarcastically. "Please have a seat," I let Sierra sit on the chair while I stood next to her.

"Do you mind me asking why that man was handcuffed to the chair?" I said still curious to why that raging incident occurred.

"Why? Do you know him?" He responded.

"Yes, in fact we do...he came to our house once accompanying a friend of ours," Sierra said. She didn't waste time getting her bag ready for all the concerns she was about to throw at him. He looked confused as he watch her take the few security cameras that we could find in our house.