4. I Watch You

I returned home around 9 pm. Luckily, I didn't have to stay in at work late like I normally do. Tonight I was missing Sierra more than usual and a realization came to mind that I've hardly been giving my attention to her lately. I know she feels lonely most of the time in this empty house anyways, so I've had the idea of taking her out on a romantic date tonight. I can hardly remember the last time I've taken her out anywhere. Ever since she got pregnant, we've became more busy than we've ever been. She works a little on the side while taking care of herself and the baby most of the time and I..well..I just work.

"You're back so soon?" She said once the door was open. I would've expected her to be more excited about me coming home since she's the one who always bugging about working late all the time.

I gave her a kiss on the cheek, "I've missed your face," I said to her while giving her another kiss. "I came home early to see you."

"Oh sure, you've probably come home to sleep early," she responded.

"I even gotten you a little something," I said while bringing in the bouquet of flowers in front of her. I figured she could use this more than me. Plus I wouldn't know where to put a thing this big in the house, she's creative with house displays I'll let her figure it out.

Her eyes lit up when she seen the flowers, "oh my god they're beautiful!" She squealed with excitement. "When did you even have the time to get them?"

I shrugged, "they sort of showed up out of nowhere," I jokingly said. She didn't waste anytime to bring them in the kitchen with her. She placed a clear vase and scissors beside her along with the flowers. She then began to snip the stems short so each flower would fit perfectly in the vase.

"I wanna take you out tonight," I finally proposed the idea. She looked up at me confusingly shocked.

"Take me out for what?" She questioned.

"To dinner, we barely see each other and I want to do something nice for you."

"I was kinda planning on cooking dinner here tonight. I really want to try this new recipe I've seen on tv la-"

"Sierra please." I cut her off midway. I'm not allowing her to make any more excuses. This is probably the only time where we both aren't mixed up in some bs and I know for a fact there won't be any more chances. "I really want to take you out. I miss it. You can cook dinner at home any other time you want"

"Well I kind of already invited Veronica over for dinner tonight." My head bolted up once she mentioned her name.

"Veronica? Why would you do that?" I said in confusion and annoyance.

First of all, when did she even have the time to get to know this girl for her to invite into our house twice? I have nothing against her, in fact today I've learned she's not so bad after all but tonight I want it just be a night where I can peacefully have dinner with my wife and want to savor that moment.

"What? I was just being nice. She was thanking me so much that it just randomly came up." She shrugged carelessly. Okay this isn't a problem to stress over about. She can simply just call back Veronica and give her an excuse to cancel the plans with her, we could have dinner with her any other night we're not busy, she'd understand.

"Call her back and tell her something came up," I said.

She furrowed her eyebrows, "You want me to lie to her?"

"You're not lying to her, just postponing it until further notice. She can come over some other time."

She placed the finished vase in front of me giving her display of work a smile. She then took out her phone from the pockets of her sweats and began to dial up the number. I already knew what that meant. I couldn't help but jump onto her with excitement. I began leaving endless kisses on her face and neck until she begged me to stop.

"Go get dressed idiot before I change my mind." She pushed me off her, while holding the phone beside her ear waiting for it to slowly ring.

Veronica's POV:

I stood and I watched. I waited and I've finally got to you. You may not realize it now but we were meant to be together. It might seem as if following your every move now is an invasion to your privacy but I promise it's the best for the both of us. Surely, you've already labeled me as a stranger but this past month it feels like I've connected more to you than I've ever did with anyone else. And it only took one month for me to completely fall in love with you.

Every single day of that month, I've observed you, discovering more traits about your character that I've never would've expected from a person like you. You showcase a certain personality that's much more charming and inviting to others even though you're the exact opposite.

I recorded every single one of your behaviors in my book. By now, I probably know you more than yourself Michael. And this book....it holds a lot of your secrets. It allows me to feel much closer to you, to know these things about you that others don't makes me feel special. Almost as if you wanted me to know.

Every morning you start your day setting a timer on the watch that's always placed on your wrist. You set the timer at exactly 60 minutes before heading out anywhere. I know it's 60 minutes because I've timed you myself and may I say bravo for always beating your time. It shows me you're a man who values his time a lot. I like that. You're reliant and organized. What confuses me the most though is, for a very organized guy, you get stressed over the littlest things.

Yes, I have picked up one of your biggest weaknesses, stress. You hate it. And you show your hatred everyday by either cursing at yourself or hitting a nearby object without anyone noticing you. Even though you keep a calm face, you want to spazz out most of the time at almost everyone but you can't seem to do so because you're simply the "nice guy." Work is one of your triggers to your stress. I can tell it wasn't your choice of occupation. Clocking in and being stuck in that office alone must be unbelievably boring. Sometimes I wish I was in there with you to keep you company.

What surprised me the most was that work isn't even nothing compared to the one thing that makes you irritated most of the time. It's the wife of yours that you wake up next to every morning. You shower her with love and kisses everyday, brag about her to others, spoil and cater to her every need but I know deep down you're tired of her. It's not an easy thing to admit Michael, believe me I've been through the same thing but how long are you going to keep pretending everything with her is okay? How long are you going to pretend like you're happy about the pregnancy even though it's the one thing draining your pockets and most possibly the one thing that's about to put you in debt. 10 years of marriage and you didn't think your life would turn to this point. Guilt is the only thing holding you back. I know it is. It saddens me to see how forcefully you try to be with someone that isn't even right for you.

I'm right for you. When will you realize that?

Who else would go this far to try and win your heart? I've done nothing but be the best stranger you've ever met. I'm being impatient. Believe me I am but you just make it so hard on me Michael.

I allowed myself to stand in the freezing rain for you to finally notice my existence. I've showed my gratitude to your kindness with flowers. I've even stolen an expensive watch for you for Gods sake Michael!

But I get repaid back with what? A cancellation on the night we were supposed to meet once more. For a night out with someone you practically see every single day. Is giving up one night for me that difficult for you?

I can't necessarily get angry at you. You're just being you, the nice guy. You want to show appreciation towards her and I think it's quite charming what you're willing to do to keep others happy. I respect it. I would hate to interfere with this perfect dinner date especially after how nice you cleaned up for it. May I say, all black clothing definitely brings out the sexy masculinity in you. But that sweet smile of yours tops it all off. You look happy at the moment. When you're happy, I'm happy.

So I'll just sit back and do what I do best...

Watch You.

——————

ok but can you imagine if someone actually stalked you like this bitchshsj Michael file that restraining order!!!!

im working on trying to update more quickly!! y'all not ready for the next chapters.

VOTE OR COMMENT 😊