7. Till Next Time

Veronica's POV:

Stepping into this office shows the clear irony of it all. Being someone who happens to be very invested in other people's feelings most of the time, ends up being the one curious about how others perceive my feelings. Never have I thought I'd see this stage of my life. Ha, my parents were right.

It's also hypocritical and stupid of me to be even seeing a therapist when for many years, I've always hated and contradicted the whole concept of therapy. It's just a fraudulent way of a stranger who thinks they have the answer to almost every situation you throw at them because in their shallow mind, they think having a fancy PHD degree framed right above their head gives them more knowledge and authority over the fucked up person sitting across from them. In reality, they've probably struggled and nearly failed their psychology courses in college before even getting handed the degree. Now they sit there pretending to listen to you while you're being charged on the clock for these useless sessions. I hated every aspect of it yet I voluntarily sit here with a smile across from an old creepy fraud with a suit and a clipboard ready for him listen to me. Even though I know all he's going to be doing most of the time is eating me alive with his gaze.

Why am I here you may ask Michael? Well it's because of you. As always, everything is because of you.....

I knew exactly what I was getting myself into when I made the decision to invest myself in your time and life. But I didn't know it would effect me this much. With you it's different. With you everything speeds up quickly, so fast it's almost hard for me to catch up. Almost like when you're riding a rollercoaster and during the ride you feel that rush traveling to your body. Your mind is trying to process it all but it can't because every twist or turn there's a new surprise. I can't sleep without knowing what you think of me. All I think about is what's buried in your head, you can analyze actions but not someone's thoughts.

And that's what's eating me up. Perhaps I lied, I might not even know you as much as I thought. I just know what you're giving me and lately you haven't been giving me enough.

It's been a day since that little incident in the bathroom, where I was confident enough to expose myself to you. You reacted different from most guys would, you didn't touch me or grab me. You just looked and admired from afar. Even though, my back was turned towards you I felt your gaze and your curiosity. I only wish I could read your thoughts at the time or take a further action that both of us would've regretted. But I respect you, and at the moment I'm confused.

"Veronica?" The man said with a smile. His eyes were already trailing up the tail of my skirt.

I purposely crossed my legs while giving him a smirk, "Do you like my name doctor?" I teased.

"It's beautiful. So like yourself." He responded. Wonder how many female clients he used that one on.

"It sounds much unsettling coming from a scumbag like yourself." I bluntly said with a shrug. "But I'll take the compliment."

He sat there surprised by my response and let out a nervous chuckle, "So where do we start? What's bothering you."

I thought it would be useful to get straight to the point and not waste too much time entertaining this old sleaze. And that's exactly what I did.

"Do I have flaws doctor?" I asked.

He thought for second before answering back and by the way he was thinking I can tell he would reply back with a typical "you seem perfect to me," or ask if I think I have a flaw.

"Well you're beautiful and as for as I know you seem respectful." He pushed back his glasses and began writing on his clipboard.

I took out my phone from my pocket. I set it to 10 minutes. The only time I needed to figure out if this session is actually useful or a load of bullshit as I expected. I set the phone on the table in front of us. He looked down with confusion as I started the timer.

"I don't want to sit here all day and bullshit with you doctor. I think you and I both know why I'm here and have a clear understanding what I'm looking for. You've dealt with many clients with emotional issues or dilemmas. My situation is like any other. You might want to write this down as fast as you can." I carefully explained before I let it all out.

"For months I've been following around this guy, let's call him blank for now. I did my research on blank prior to my plan. I like to do stuff accordingly to what I have plotted out. I've crossed many limits in terms of privacy. I monitor him almost every second of the day. I follow him almost every second of the day, so you would assume I know almost every single thing about blank. I buy him stuff to gain his interest or for him to see a little bit of something in me. Blank and I finally made content with each other weeks before, everything was going so well in terms with the plan, however, he never genuinely shows how he feels about me. He just treats me like any other person."

He jotted down quickly on his board and I looked at the timer which was now reading 9 minutes and 44 seconds.

"If I don't have any flaws, why is he distancing himself from me. Am I missing something within my plan? Or am I just like any other person?" I looked up at him. He squinted at me for a second while he took the time to think.

"Usually when someone isn't showing interest back it's because they have one thing they can't seem to cross the line with. Does blank have something that he considers valuable and important to him?" He asked.

"What's could be more important to him than me?" I responded. That's when it occurred to him that I was in fact going through with this all wrong. I'm playing a safe card with him and allowing him to control the game.

Unfortunately there is something more important than me, how could I forget. It's her. It's her that you can't seem to let down or show any interest in me Michael. You're barely acknowledging me because of her.

Well Michael I'm tired of playing these games. If you're not going to open your eyes to me then I guess I'll have to open them for you, by all means possible.

I stopped the timer from my phone and retrieved it back in my pockets. I got up from my seat and stood in front of the scumbag that actually gave me the idea.

"We still had 8 minutes.." he said with confusion.

"Doctor if I'm being brutally honest here, if I walked out that door with receiving only a careless service from you today....I would've came here to do what I had in mind first."

"And what was that?"

"To kill you." I answered quickly without any remorse.

He took off his glasses and set his clipboard down slowly. I could tell there was a huge shock in his eyes because the moment I said that, the color from his face all flushed out and turned completely pale.

He then begun to chuckle from his seat and shook his head in place. I joined in with his laughter while leaning closer to him.

The laughter continued until I took out the silver blade from the left pocket of my blazer. I slammed it hard on the table. The laughter vanished as pure silence overcame the room.

"Your service was actually helpful. You're very lucky doctor." I stared down at him with my eyes. He didn't blink not once and I smiled at the sight of him being completely frozen.

I turned my heels and strutted towards the door, "till next time doctor."

————————

okay here's one quick short chapter for you. the next two chapters will be the start of the whole climax so prepare yourself.

VOTE OR COMMENT 😊