3. Lunch date

"I really appreciate the ride," I thanked Louis, one of my coworkers from the office. He was kind enough to stop by to pick me up on his way to work. He didn't accept the money I've offered to give in a sense of showing appreciation, since we were friends he thought it would be wrong to accept it. I didn't argue with him, I could probably use the money for lunch later on anyways.

We entered the building where many employees were lined up ready to clock in. Everyone had a separate area they were expected to work in, since this is a private business project management, there are at least 20 or more people working in each section of the building. I worked in the financial side of the building which is only a small closed out office where I count money for nearly ages. The job made me feel miserable every single day but it's one of the many sacrifices for the baby.

"Every time I enter this place I feel like I'm making my way to the bottom pits of hell," Louis said reading my thoughts loudly. I couldn't help but laugh because he barely did anything in this place. He had it easy, he was responsible for security, sitting down and monitoring a computer screen all day. I would do anything to switch with him.

"Just be glad you have it easy buddy," I patted him on the back.

"You know a lot of people think it's easy but do you realize what staring at a computer all day could do to your eyes!"

"Do you realize what counting money all day can do to your brain."

We approached the employee elevator, I scanned my badge for identification purposes. Usually the elevator doors would open automatically after scanning but today it didn't want to scan. Why is every single thing going bad for me today? "Are you kidding me!" I banged my hand on the metal doors.

"Relax man, just get another badge or let me renew it for you," Louis said taking the badge out of my hand. "You're so tense today."

"Yeah, it's not one of the greatest day. My car broke down, I came home late because of this girl I picked up from the street. I haven't gotten any sleep at all"

"Girl?" He smirked.

"Not like that. She was standing out in the street in the middle of the rain and I just so happen to stumble upon her. She slept over for the night."

"What about your wife?" He asked putting emphasis on the word wife. I rolled my eyes at him knowing what he was thinking and honestly I felt a bit offended he would draw me out to be that type of guy. I loved my wife dearly and I'm not stupid enough to let another women come between us.

"I would never," was my only response to him.

"Of course you wouldn't but some women tend to get more attached than others," he said. I ignored him and took the chance to walk away from this conversation.

"I'll see you later Louis." I walked off before he could continue talking further more.

"Just be careful man!" He called out.

"I'll remember that!" I jokingly said.

Making my way up to the third floor and down the hallway, I unlocked the door to my office. The room where I spend most of my time stressing or bored to death. I sighed when I saw my clustered desk full of papers, completely forgetting I left a whole pile of work behind from yesterday. I didn't even think I procrastinated that much, well it turns out I slacked way more than I expected. It would at least take me half an hour to get this done if not more if I don't get started right away.