19. The Snitch

"I know what you did." He said at a calm steady voice but I could see it in his eyes that he was mad at something and he wanted to take every bit of that anger out on me. I stood there clueless waiting for him to continue or at least explain further on but he didn't. I chuckled at the sudden tension that was cutting the space. I dried off my hands carelessly with my pants.

"What exactly did I do?" I asked rhetorically even though I had a bit sense of what he was talking about. He's probably here to confront me about the "thing" that happened between Veronica and I. Which explains why he's been giving me looks across the table just a while ago.

"It couldn't have possibly slipped your mind that quickly." He chuckled while placing the cigarette in his hand into his mouth and watched my body movement and clear nervousness from my facial expressions. "If your memories aren't refreshed, allow me to cut to the point..." he blew out a cloud of smoke before dropping the cigarette to the ground and putting it out with his foot.

"You slept with her after I gave you a clear warning before." He said.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I denied.

"So you didn't fuck her in the car that night? Or did I see another guy get out of that car."

I froze in place. "You saw?" I said nervously.

"The whole thing." He smirked slowly. I was choked up for a second and I didn't know how to react or respond. This makes things way worse than it was already before. He could run off and tell others if he wanted to and I couldn't do anything about it.

"I was drunk" I tried explaining myself but even I was getting tired of using the same excuses.

"Is that what you call it?" He furrowed his eyebrows. He then shook his head in clear disappointment. It felt as if he could read my thoughts very clearly and feel the guilt that was surrounding me.

"It was an honest mistake and I wouldn't have done it if I wasn't under the wrong influence. I do apologize if you're angry about it. It's not like I'm seeing her anymore anyways.." I said.

"Angry? What makes you think I'm angry?" He shrugged. "I just feel sorry for you. Does your wife know?"

"No." I quickly said. "Are you going to tell her?"

He stepped around me for a second and changed his stare at the ground. He began to circle around me while bringing his eye to me. "I'll take your word for it. You were drunk and under the wrong influence. Your life shouldn't be ruined because of that one mistake. I'm sure most people have made that same mistake at least once in a relationship." He placed his hand on my shoulder and nodded. "Plus you seem like a genuine guy who does no harm."

I sighed in relief. For a second I almost believed he was going to rage out on me and use this situation against me or something. Maybe I was wrong about him...

"I'm glad we came to an understanding." Just when I was about to walk my way off, he quickly grabbed me by the shoulder and swiftly pulled me back.

"I'm not finished.." he said lowly, feeling his breath hit the back of my neck. "I'm going to be completely honest with you Michael. there's a reason why that warning I gave you before was very important." He stared at me for a second with a blank expression.

"I don't understand."

"Fucking her that night is the least of your worries. It's hard to believe but you have much bigger issues on your hands than you think. And I don't think that restraining order you requested isn't going to help."

My eyes widened, "how did you-"

"I know everything. I see everything. There's something you should know too." He said.