26. Past Relations

"She lost her god damn mind!" I paced around the bathroom with sweat rolling down my face. I was in distress. Not at the fact that she was working here but at the fact she can possibly pin anything on me at my workplace and possibly get me fired. The last thing I want is a suspension note going out to my name. It was clear her words from last night wasn't a joke. She was after me and god knows what she's planning in her fucked up head.

"It's not as bad as you think. She might just be here for a job that's all," Louis tried to calm me down.

"There's hundreds of places to work at in this town why here? I doubt that's what she's doing."

"Relax!" He placed his hands on my shoulder. "Look at me for a second," he instructed. I did as I was told. "If she tries to pull anything, there's a hundred of witnesses in the building, cameras in every corner, I promise you, you're not in danger. It'll be your words against hers in this company."

He was right. I was overreacting. Whatever reason for her to be here it shouldn't phase me at all. Work was much important than worrying about a girl that was obsessing over me. She might have her distance but I shouldn't be giving her any attention at all. It's probably what she feeds off of.

I took a deep breath and tried to calm my nerves. I stood before the sink and looked into the mirror. Louis who was standing behind me looked worried. Most likely for me. She had the power to change my emotions in a matter of seconds.

"You know I can talk to her if you want me to," Louis said.

I shook my head, "No I don't want to involve you into my problems." I immediately declined his offer.

"You sure? Maybe she'll come to an understanding when it's said from someone else."

"That's not what she wants, trust me," I sighed. "Shes not going to stop and it seems like I have to get rid of her the hard way." I clenched my jaw. I poured some water onto my hands and splashed it on my face. "I'm going to talk to Reese."

"About what?"

"About her, and the retraining order I've placed against her. She needs to know what kind of person she brought into this company."

"Are you sure that's a good idea, her speculations about you and her might not be good.." Louis said. I know he wants what's best for me but I can't be walking around in this building pretending like everything is fine.

"I have to, or else I don't know if I can work here anymore..."

After clocking in, I took the elevator to my office. I stepped inside and pressed the button to close the doors. Before the metal doors slid shut, a leg popped in between, stopping it immediately. I looked up to see her face again. I groaned in annoyance and mentally cursed myself for not closing the doors quick enough.

She stood next to me. There was silence for a moment. The only sounds that were heard was the moving elevator going up each floor. I felt her eyes on me but I kept looking straight.

"You look different today, did you do something different with your hair?" She asked sarcastically knowing her presence was bothering me.

I chuckled, "No it's a little thing called stress."

"The day hasn't even begun what could you be worried about," She responded.

"What exactly are you hoping to achieve by doing this?" I spoke up without turning my head towards her.

"By doing what? Working? Don't you think that's a little rhetorical?" She responded.

"By doing this!" I blurted out. I faced her and leaned in closer to her. "You took this job only because I'm here! Why can't you just leave me alone?!"