Chapter 4

"Wake up Skylar!!" Moms voice rang through my room and I shot up.

Why is she screaming?!

Wait..Where the hell is she?!

Looking around the room,i could not find my mom anywhere.

"Mom?" I called.

I heard laughing and turned to see a speaker thing on the wall.

How did I not notice this?

One button said kitchen, another said living area, and the last three said , master, bedroom one, and bedroom two.

Cool! This is perfect for a lazy person like me!!

"Yes?" I asked pushing the Kitchen button that was lit up.

"We're going out today, be up here in thirty."

I sighed "Okay''

Pushing my blanket down, I let the cold air greet me before walking lazily to the bathroom and washing my face along with brushing my teeth.

Quickly, I put my hair in a messy bun before putting on my eyeliner and mascara and walking to my closet.

I grabbed some black cotton booty shorts, a Black Veil Brides T shirt, and some black converse high tops before slipping them on and walking upstairs.

Mom was siting at the island with some black coffee and an English muffin just biting at it in little bites.

"What's up?" I asked as I poured myself a cup.

"We're gonna hang out today. You have school tomorrow and I have a six week business trip to Manhattan on Tuesday, so we should do something before then.

Ugh, I forgot about school...

"Okay, where are we going?"

"Well I was thinking we could just explore New York City and then go to some malls because there are different things there."

A grin made its way to my face and I nodded "Sounds good. Can we go to hot topic?"

"Of course. Lets go" she smiled before dumping her coffee in the sink and grabbing her keys.

Okay, why is she so happy? She hates me!!

Oh well, just go along with it..

Because New York City streets are always crowded, mom and I walked te ten minutes into the city.

Our house is right outside of it, so it isn't that far to walk and the school is about five minutes away from my house, so it will be good to walk to without hurting my feet or something..

The first stop we made was at a crowded Starbucks where we eagerly got out after getting our drinks because there were way to many people!

No, I'm not claustrophobic....

Walking around New York City, we came to a stop at a place that just gave me a warm fuzzy feeling.

The 9-11 memorial.

Yeah, I sound like a girly girl, but seriously, this shit is sad and I almost started crying.

Stupid hormones..

It was seriously really quiet there even though there were a bunch of people who were all looking for names or putting flowers over the names that ended up falling into the fountain.

Sad stuff right there...

The silence was broken by a loud son aiming from my mom and I would have burst out laughing, but people looked at her funny and I grabbed her arm before dragging her away and towards the new mall they had just opened up in the place of the twin towers.

Way to ruin the moment mother..

After I had made mom dry it up and reapply her makeup so she didn't embarrass me, I walked into the building with her behind me and gaped.

The place was huge.

I saw how many stories it was from outside, but this was freaking amazing!

People were everywhere, there were a ton of different stores, good places. Its like a normal mall times twenty in size.

The first store that caught my eye was Hot Topic, so of course I was gonna go there..

"Mom?" I asked over the volume of the room.

'Yes?"

I nodded my head in the direction in the store and she rolled her eyes before following me.

"You know...I was thinking, maybe you should start wearing brighter colors... You're always wearing black and really dark colors. You used to wear bright dresses and sandles and now you have skinny jeans and combat boots." she said in disgust.

So that's why she's being nice.. To make me change myself.

I stopped dead in my tracks before turning to her and pointing a finger in her face.

"I am exactly who I am mother. I like dark colors because it makes me belong in the shadows. Im not gonna change myself for someone. Especially my own mom. I understand you can't stand to look at me because I look just like the cheating bastard, but seriously?! My wardrobe? How me could you get?" I hissed.

She looked at me shocked and I remembered something.

Smirking, I made sure the debit card was still in my pocket before turning around and walking through the crowd of people.

I circled around the room before going back to Hot Topic where Mom was no where to be found, so I went in.

My phone ringing non stop was pissing me off, so quickly, I grabbed it and held down the power button before clicking 'Power Off'.

Look at me now bitches!!

I didn't even bother looking at the skinny jeans, because I don't think there is one kind I don't already have..

So, that being ddecided I headed for the shirts and immediately found some cute tank tops that were black and grey see though along with a faded American flag on another one.

Walking through the store, I also managed to find a few BVB tank tops and bracelets, along with a leather bracelet that had golden spikes on it, and some matching sun glasses.

Satisfied, I paid for my stuff before walking out and heading for my next destination.

This store just made me even happier leaving my mom.

I hate shopping here with other people!!

I mean, who wouldn't?! This is Victoria's Secret for Gods sake!!