Chapter 20

I must have fallen asleep on the ride home because whenever I woke up, Nate was laying me down on my bed.

He didn't know I was awake as he slid off my shoes before placing the blanket over me and kissing my forehead.

"Goodnight Princess." he whispered.

When I knew he was about to walk away, I grabbed his arm and asked him to stay.

He nodded his head hesitantly before sliding in next to me and I snuggled into his hard chest.

His arm wrapped around me and I let sleep consumed me as I felt safe and protected.

********

When I woke up the next morning, I was late for school and Nate wasn't next to me, but a note was.

Sorry I had to leave, I had to run home. See you at school Princess..

Sighing, i crumbled up the note before throwing it away and going to the bathroom to shower.

After washing off, I slipped into some black lace panties with a black sports bra underneath white ripped jean short shorts and an elbow length black Nirvana t shirt.

I slipped into some black converse high tops before putting my hair in a messy side fishtail braid and doing my makeup quickly.

Quickly grabbing my phone and bag, I ran downstairs and started walking towards the school.

By the time I arrived, second period started ten minutes ago, so I slipped past the sleeping secretary before walking to Mrs. Morgans class where she was fitting people's costumes.

I smiled at her before walking over "Sorry I was late, I forgot to set my alarm.."

She grinned, "Its fine, come on I've it the perfect costume for you!!"

"What is it?"

"Well..." she started, digging around in a closet. "Because you are the main character who is going to high school, you are going to dress normally, well, not your normal.."

Wtf? What is my normal?!

Letting it go, I looked at the outfit she picked out and didn't actually flip..

The outfit consisted of black spandex, a black and dark grey shirt that goes to my elbows and has a dream catcher, and some black up the legs ballet shoes.

Of course it looked cute and would make dancing easy to move around.

I smiled at the clothes and Mrs Morgan chuckled.

"I knew you'd like it."

"I do, thanks!" I grinned.

"So, our first practice is next Tuesday after school and we will learn our dances and practice aiming while in class we will practice the lines and what happens in the play"

I nodded my head "So what do I do now?

She walked to her desk and picked up some papers.

"Can you take these to the office?"

I mentally groaned, the office is all the way across the corridors and on the other side of the school.

Forgetting it, I nodded my hand and took the papers from her hand before starting for the doors and into the hallway.

Only a few people were in the hallway and they were all jocks or someone like that skipping classes.

Of course, they gave me nasty looks, but I ignored them and continued towards the office.

After about ten minutes of continuous walking, I stood at the secretary's desk and waited as she continued typing on her computer.

"May I help you?" she smiled fakely, looking up at me.

"Umm...Mrs. Morgan wanted me to turn these in.." I mumbled, handing her the packet of papers.

She looked them over a little bit before putting them in a file.

"Thanks, get back to class."

Birch alert..

I nodded my head and started back for my class and out the corridor doors.

As I was walking back to class, I was almost across the grass wen I heard male yelling and ignored it until I heard a familiar voice that had my heart racing every time it entered my ears.

After hearing him, I turned on my heels and started towards be noise.