Chapter 24

When the bell rang, signaling the day was over, I put my stuff in my bag as everyone else cleared out of the room.

I said goodbye to the teacher before walking through the corridor and to the parking lot.

The familiar truck was still there and Jeremy was talking to Paisley while Nate was leaning against the truck looking bored with a cigarette in his mouth.

I hung my head low while walking around the cars and onto the road, on my way to my house.

When I was just a block away, the sound of tires were behind my and I turned to see a sight I really didn't want to.

Nathaniel was driving slowly behind me with Jer in the passenger seat now smoking a cigarette as well.

Creeper alert!

I gasped before turning back around, pulling my hoodie up on my head, and speeding up my pace.

As my house came into view, Nate sped the car up before parking in front of my garage and I quickly got my keys out before attempting to unlock my door.

Unfortunately, my hands were shaking so much, so it was impossible.

"Let me get that for you."

I froze on spot and when Nate's hand came in contact with mine, I flinched before taking a cautious step back.

He looked at me funny with hurt and worry before unlocking my door and motioning me inside.

I hook my head and he shrug his shoulders before walking inside with Jeremy on his tail.

"What the hell?! Get out!" I hissed, walking inside where the boys were already sitting on my sofa.

"Not until we talk." Jeremy stated.

Talk? Oh..

"There is nothing to talk about! I saw what I saw." I mumbled.

"And now you're afraid of us and we need to talk." Nate cut in.

I snapped my head to him.

"I'm not scared!" Lie.

Jeremy shook his head "We can see fear in your eyes Sky, don lie."

Well shoot. Busted!

"Well maybe I am a little bit, but you were beating up innocent people and were enjoying it!" I argued.

"They were making fun of you!" Nathaniel growled with clenched test and balled up fists.

"Why is that your problem? Ive felt with these kinds of people before! I know how to ignore people!"

He snorted "And have them continue starting shit? No."

I looked at both of them and they were watching me closely.

"Okay. Thanks I guess, but that still doesn't explain how you freaking enjoy hurting others! You looked freaking dangerous!"

Jeremy sighed and gave Nate a look and he nodded his head.

What? Can they speak telepathic or something?

"We need to tell you something Sky.." Jeremy sighed.

I nodded my head before looking at my basement door and walking towards it, motioning them to follow me.

If they wanna talk, I'm getting comfortable.

Ha!

When we reached my lounge area, I plopped down on my blue fuzzy bean bag while the guys sat in front of me on the white sofa.

"Now Skylar, before we tell you this, you should know that you don't have to be afraid of us.." Jeremy said slowly, watching me closely.

What the hell?

"Okay." I mumbled.

"Were fighters.."

I looked at him like he was stupid "Obviously. You kicked Thomas and the guys ass."

"You don't understand Sky.. Were street fighters."

"Street fighters?"

"Street fights are when anyone can fight for any amount of money. You can use weapons except for a gun, use your arms. There is no stopping in a fight until the person simply gives up or you manage to knock them out. Street fighting is illegal because a bunch of people die in them."

They both studied my face and I looked down at my hands.

That's why Nate always left, or why they were both always busy, or why Nate always is hurt and bruised up, when he..

"You almost died in a street fight?" I whispered, looking up at Nate.